|14| The sharing

As I try to pay attention to what Hunter is explaining about some exercises we should do my mind keeps thinking about what Carlos said

As I try to pay attention to what Hunter is explaining about some exercises we should do my mind keeps thinking about what Carlos said. Ken doll wannabe, I won't be able to see him any other way anymore. Because he is kind of right.

Hunter is a really good-looking guy, you would have to be blind not to see it. Hazel eyes, strong jaw, dark blonde hair, tall -not taller than Carlos but he is a giant so that's hard to accomplish-  and that good boy kind of smile. He is, as Carlos said a spiced-up version of a ken doll. That or he isn't remotely similar and Carlos none sense got to my head.

"Mia?" Hunter's voice snaps me away from my thoughts. "You okay? If there's something you don't understand I can start again."

"You better not make him start again I'm the one suffering here." Carlos looks at me with a mixture of fear and amusement. Because he might be joking but I'm sure he dreads having to start again.

"I understand don't worry, just got distracted for a second. Continue." I try to focus back on and ignore all the ken doll thoughts.

"So I was saying that he must start with the arms and torso, it's necessary to gain the top part strength back before moving down to his legs. One way he can do this is by doing weights or with these elastic bands, you tie them to the bed or something heavy and then he pulls." Hunter does as instructed and hands Carlos one of the bands so he can try.

He does it pretty easily, but this is more of a repetition kind of exercise.

"How do you feel?" Hunter asks him.

"Just fine, it's simple." Carlos keeps going without any issue for a good few repetitions.

"I put the medium one so you can go to a more rigid one if you think it's too easy but don't overdo it." He explains.

"Okay, and are those for us then or where could we buy them?" I point at the bands.

"You can have these, just give them back when you two are done using them," Hunter says. "Once his legs are better he can also use the elastic bands for some exercises with them."

"Okay, I will look up some exercises online and in the books you sent me." I believe I saw a few when I was studying for the first session and marked them thinking they would probably be useful later.

"Perfect, let's try some weights." Hunter hands him some and explains different kinds of movements. For a while, it's just them talking and doing stuff and I just take notes of everything so we can repeat them in the next sessions by ourselves.

"Amazing, your arms will be back in shape in no time. You are doing good. I would like to check your legs now, is that okay?" Hunter turns to Carlos who seems to stop breathing for a second.

I had known that something is wrong with his legs for a while. He hadn't asked me to take the bandages off so he could get used to seeing them. And from time to time I notice how tight he closes his fists when I'm moving him to the chair or small winces of pain when he lays down in bed. But he has been hiding it because he knows that the only answer to that pain is drugs (and not ibuprofen, that won't work anymore). So I'm hoping he will understand and ask me for some because if I mention it I will just make everything worse.