|52| The new part of him

A few days later

A few days later

So today is the day.

Carlos will be trying his new prosthetic for the first time ever.

Hunter called two days ago to tell me that whenever Carlos was ready he could come over. At first, I wasn't sure if I should ask since these last few days he has been working like crazy. He told me he is trying to figure out a way to get access for visiting Nico. On top of that, I overheard him talking with Rick about having some issues at some of their clubs. Not sure what's that about but he is overwhelmed. And even though he tries to spend as much time as possible with me lately it hasn't been easy. I tried to be as patient as possible and last night when I was doing our routine check up I decided to ask. He said he will make time and well, here we are.

"Carlos?" I knock on his office door and wait for him to answer.

"Come in." He replies after a few seconds of silence.

I open the door and set my eyes on him."Hunter texted he is a few minutes away. You ready?" I ask as he looks down at his laptop.

"Yeah, I just need a second." He replies as he types something down. His gaze not leaving the screen.

"I will wait in your room," I say before closing the door and disappearing into the hallway.
"He isn't ignoring you Mia, he is simply occupied," I whisper to myself.

I know he isn't doing it on purpose and that he has important stuff to do but I miss him. Yeah, yeah I'm aware it sounds selfish. He is trying to keep his business afloat, find his father and keep his brother safe and I'm here moping because he hasn't given attention. Pathetic, I know.

Moving on from that yesterday I had a call with Mark. Apparently, he told the women that contacted him about doing a statement against Mason that I was going to testify (he left my name out obviously, just gave them the basic information) and some of them decided to do it too. He said that I inspired them and whether that is true or not I'm glad I won't be alone. Mark asked if I will be willing to meet them since they asked about me and I'm thinking about it, they probably don't want to do this alone either.

"Hey, sorry. I had to finish writing some emails there's so much shit going on." Carlos gets inside the room.

"What happened?" I look back at him as I play with the fresh flowers I placed over his dresser this morning.

"I'm not sure, something weird with our club accounts. The bank froze some of them because of suspicious activity. It had never happened before." He explains walking behind me. "You okay? I just remembered you had that call with Mark, sorry I haven't asked sooner." He places his hand on my shoulder.

I think about telling him everything, about the women Mason dated wanting to meet me but when I look at his reflection in the mirror and see how tired he looks I decide it isn't worth it. He can't really help me with this, I would have to meet them alone so I won't worry him with my problems right now.