|26| The things we should have done

Leaving her is probably the hardest thing I have ever done but I had to

Leaving her is probably the hardest thing I have ever done but I had to. Nothing good could have come from us sleeping together just then, not when I am this frustrated. I would only hurt her and she deserves something better than that. I can give her so much better than that.

So putting my arm to stop the first taxi I see it parks right in front of me and I lose no time getting my crutches inside and climbing in.

"41 Park Row," I say to the driver that looks down at my bloody shirt with concern. "Don't worry, it's mine." He nods slowly (not relieved in the slightest) and drives away.

I know this is a long shot, I have no idea if Castillo is at his house but I guess I will figure it out soon enough.

Searching for my phone around my suit jacket I finally find it and dial Martin, he picks up straight away even if it's probably around three am.

"The plan has changed," I tell him.

"What, when?" He asks confused.

"Right now, go to his house as soon as you can. It's happening." I explain.

"Carlos, what are you going to do?" Now he doesn't sound confused he sounds worried.

"Something I should have done a long time ago." I hung up, the taxi driver looking at me through the mirror wondering if he should throw me out of the cab or not.

"Keep driving." I look directly at him through the reflection and he nods again as he looks back at the road.

The drive to his house feels like forever but when I finally hear the words of the driver saying how much it is I hand him a hundred and get out as fast as my body allows me. My legs hurt like a bitch, my nose is still sore, and I know that if I'm not dead lying on the bed right now it's just because of the adrenaline.

"How the fuck do I get inside the building?" I look around and find there's an intercom and thankfully no doorman.

Taking my phone again I call the only person I guess he would be dumb enough to open to.

"What's wrong?" Carolina picks up.

"I need your help, plans changed. I'm at his building, there's no way he will open the door for me so I'm gonna ring his floor when he replies I need you to speak so he thinks it's you. Make it sound believable." I explain.

"Okay, okay I got this." She replies confidently and I press the button a few times until he finally answers.

"Who the fuck is it?" He asks rudely.

"Mason? Hey, I'm- It's Carolina, I'm soooo sorry about what happened tonight. I wanted-to apologize." Carolina asks acting drunk.

"How did you get my address?" He asks suspiciously.

"Lyla, I'm sorry... I asked her because I felt like- you know I shouldn't have run away I'm so so so sorry. I wasn't myself, would you forgive me?" Her voice changes just so slightly, still acting drunk but with a little of a flirty tone.