|74| The annotations

(Au

(Au. I would read this while listening to Pluto Projector by Rex Orange County, at least the first part)

Stopping the first taxi that drives by I get inside and tell the man the address of what used to be Matteo's and I's home. It's been months since I have been there... since the accident when everything went to shit. And then it became part of the investigation around Matteo when he burned down every incriminating thing about us that was in his office.

I can't believe I haven't thought about going back until now, at first, when Matteo told me I wasn't going back home I was furious but then it all changed when she appeared. Without me noticing it was even happening Mia made a home out of the apartment.

Fuck even now I can't stop thinking about her.

"We are here, sir." The driver says nicely when he notices me looking at the driveway in silence.

"Yeah, thanks," I reply handing him the money before getting out of the car.

Then when I'm walking to the door it's when I remember I don't even have keys and just when I'm about to turn around huffing at my fucking stupidity the door opens. I walk inside following the path to the porch when the main door of the house opens too.

"Hello, sir. It's been a while." Felix says a big smile on his face.

"Felix, it's nice to see you. I didn't know you were still here." I admit.

"Your brother asked me to keep it clean and make sure his office got fixed up in case Miss Black decided to come back here." He explains moving out of the way to let me in. "What brings you here if you don't mind me asking?" His eyes wander down to the prosthetic for a few seconds.

"Tough day, I needed an escape and my mind went to this house. You say it's fully fixed?" I ask getting inside and making my way to Matteo's office.

"Completely, as you already know the office burnt down but everything is back to normal now. Just some slight changes on the furniture." Felix follows me walking a little faster so he can get the door for me. "See it for yourself."

He didn't lie, everything is exactly as it was before. The only thing that changes is the chair and some decorative items. That and a missing bookshelf.

"Where's the bookshelf that was against the wall?" I point to the newly painted spot.

"Mr. Russo asked me to move it before setting everything on fire. There were some important pictures and books on it according to him. I believe Miss Black took some of them when she came by to take her stuff before moving a few months ago."

"I see, that's good. And thank you for your help that day by the way." I say referring to him helping Matteo set all this back up when he was arrested and I was still unavailable.

"No need to thank me." He smiles politely. "Oh and there's no food or anything in the kitchen right now but if you want to stay here or eat something I can call to get some groceries."