|51| The never letting go

When I found Carlos staring down at the counter without moving in the slightest I didn't need more to understand that something had gone wrong, extremely wrong

When I found Carlos staring down at the counter without moving in the slightest I didn't need more to understand that something had gone wrong, extremely wrong. I didn't even hear him come in and apparently, he had been there for a while. It was not like him to react this way. Usually, he hides away in his office, tries to do something productive. Danielle did warn me this was a possibility, that him going after his father could change everything but I didn't think it will happen this fast.

At first, when I saw him there I didn't know how to react. I stopped for a few seconds trying to figure out an approach. Taking care of someone's physical health came naturally to me, taking care of someone's mind though, is a very different thing. Especially a mind as complicated as his.

Once I decided the safest option would be getting him to bed I snapped away from my thoughts and got near him to try and get him to come with me, to my surprise he instantly followed my lead. Then when I sat on the bed he kissed my forehead and disappeared into the bathroom to shower.

The water stopped running a long time ago but he hasn't come out yet and I would be worried if I couldn't hear him talking over the phone with someone. I can hear what he is saying pretty clearly, explaining to the person on the other side of the phone how Nathan used Matteo against him and how his plan hadn't worked. My guess is that it has to be either Matteo's lawyer or Rick. He wouldn't call Danielle this late at night to give her bad news. She already has enough on her plate.

It's when I'm about to stand up from the bed to try and give him some privacy (even if he probably doesn't mind me listening since there's no way he isn't aware I can hear him) that the bathroom door finally opens and he emerges. He is still on a towel, one that hangs very low on his hips. It's that and his slightly wet hair that hints to you he has just showered. His body is fully dry which is understandable by how long he has been in there.

"Are you okay?" At first, my idea was to distract with sex which I know is not the smartest of solutions but I could tell he needed a way of evading.

Now I'm not sure if that is a good idea anymore.

He looks at me and the detached look on his face disappears in that same instant. "I am now." He mutters, a small yet genuine smile appearing on his face.

"Come to bed." I go with something as simple as that. Deciding he can choose what he wants those words to mean.

Gripping his crutches tighter he doesn't answer just moves towards the bed. Causing the towel that was already hanging by a thread to get left behind. Now he is fully naked and I use that few seconds that take him to get to me to run my eyes all over his naked body. I take in his every muscle, every visible mark on his skin, and then land on his already hardening dick. That's enough to figure out the meaning he chose for my words.

"Do you want this?" I ask to make sure.

Sex is good, amazing actually but we wouldn't want it to become his way of coping. That never ends well.