|20| The realization

"He is in the living room, come on

"He is in the living room, come on." Mia is the one who opens the door for Matteo and guides him in.

"I got Miles' movements tracked, it stops at the hospital she works at," I tell him.

While he got here I tried to find as much information as possible. I couldn't track Danielle but thankfully Miles has the phone we gave him for work.

"So they have him too." He exhales heavily and sits on the chair next to me.

"It looks like it. I tried to check Garcia's movements, they also stop at the hospital." I add.

Garcia isn't one of our best men but we trusted him. I didn't expect him to be involved in something like this.

"He isn't hiding, he wants us to know it's him who betrayed us." Matteo's frustration quickly morphs into anger.

"And he can't be alone, it's not a single man's job." I agree with him.

It's obvious that all this has been planned. Whoever is after us was waiting to get to Danielle knowing that's Matteo's soft spot. And Garcia is definitely not the mastermind.

"I put that man to take care of her, I gave him the upper hand. I did that." The blame, this is what they want.

"Blaming yourself won't do anything, you couldn't have known, what we have to do now is find them." I move closer to him to the best of my ability and put my hand over his shoulder trying to calm him down. "She saved us, now we save her." I owe her that much.

He looks at me surprised but proud that I finally admitted what Danielle did for me.

"Whoever it is, they know she is important to you and will probably contact us sooner or later." I keep going.

"I'm not waiting, she could be dying somewhere, I'm not staying here." He gets up and walks away knowing that I can't follow him but before he can get away Mia stops him.

"He is right Matteo, we all know how this world works and the only thing you can do right now is calm down and wait for them to contact you." She guides him back to the sofa and I give her a thankful nod.

"You said you had a plan, can it be used for this?" I ask.

"I don't know, this changes everything I will have to make some calls." I wish I knew what he is planning.

"Mia get him another laptop please," I ask her softly.

He works in silence doing god knows what, no once he tells me what the plan is about and he doesn't stop until his phone rings.

"You are a dead man as soon as I find you." He picks up and puts it on speaker.

"Well he is dead already but don't worry I already sent the footage so you can see it by yourself, there are some good images there. Not only about Garcia." A man's voice I can't really recognize says through the phone.