|53| The start of the downfall

A week later

A week later

"No, listen. I'm also the owner, the accounts are under my name too. Why can't you just give me access?" I ask the bank lady for the hundredth time.

"Sir as I already told you you can't access them without the other owner's permission." She repeats as calmly as she cans.

It's been a week and this motherfuckers won't let me access the accounts of the club. I need to check the transactions, search for the "suspicious activity" they claimed caused them to freeze them. I called a thousand times and after listening to elevator music way more times than I can count I told Mia to drive me here. And now instead of the silly music I have to listen to this lady's fake chirpy voice tell me how she can't give me access.

I'm going to fucking lose it.

"The other owner is my sister-in-law and she is occupied, I already gave you the paper with her signature saying she allows me to do this. So why can't I access them?" I'm so close to throwing the damn candy tray up in the air.

"When something like this happens we need to follow a procedure and a signed authorization isn't enough. She needs to be here in person." The lady also seems to be on the verge of losing it. And I know it isn't her fault but she is driving me crazy with her nice little tone.

"Have you heard the part where I said she is fucking occupied?" I elevate my voice which causes Mia (that has been silently standing next to me for the last ten minutes) to take my hand and move me to the side.

Even if I have been working none stop for the last week Mia hasn't said anything. She has been helping in any way she cans. Driving me around, making sure I don't forget my appointments with Hunter. She is such an angel and I'm just causing her stress in return.

"I'm so sorry, it's been a really tough week for him. We will come later with his sister and hopefully gets this fixed." Mia tells the lady with one of her bests smiles.

"I get it and I'm sorry I can't help but I'm just doing my job." The woman says nodding.

"We understand, thank you for your time." Mia smiles again and takes my arm gently dragging me away. "You made quite a number, everyone is staring at us." She whispers and that's when I notice the whole bank is indeed looking in our direction.

Some look at Mia and I bet they are thinking how a woman like her is with a man like me. They almost look sorry for her. Others simply look at me in disbelief.

"What are you looking at?" I ask towards a young man that's staring at me in disgust.

"Nothing, man." He shakes his head and moves along.

"Stop it. This is so embarrassing." Mia scolds me as if a were a fucking kid.

Well to be honest I'm kind of acting like one but this whole thing is just too much for me. My leg fucking hurts, the clubs had to close because the accounts won't get set back up and I can't figure out a way to get visitation for Nico. Nothing is going my way, it's like the world it's working against me.