|60| The way we are

"Carlos, no!" I hear Mia shouting for me to stop as I walk towards the main door as fast as I can

Quickly I close the door behind me knowing she probably doesn't have her keys with her and get to the elevator. I'm already on my way down when I hear the door opening and her muffled steps.

Once I reach the lobby and get outside I take the first taxi I see because if I know Mia and I do she is probably on her way down.

"Drive," I tell the driver closing the door of the car with force.

"Where?" He looks back at me a little in shock.

"I don't give a fuck just drive," I reply looking for my phone inside my pocket so I can call Rick.

Thankfully the driver understands I'm not in the mood for questions and does as he is told. He starts to drive god knows where but right now, whatever works, I just need to get out of here.

"Find out where his wife is and come pick me up at Empire," I tell Rick straight away.

"Give me ten minutes." He says knowing exactly who I'm talking about without me having to give any extra information.

"To the nightclub Empire, fast," I instruct the driver that is looking back at me half scared half confused.

"Of course." He nods straight away and changes directions towards the club.

___

"As every Friday she is about to leave her yoga class," Rick tells me handing me a paper as I get inside his car. "What is this about though? Thought we wouldn't go after his family."

I look down at the paper and read the street written on it.

"Things have changed. He went after Mia." I tell him.

"What? Is she okay? What did he want?" He asks worried.

"He convinced her of talking me into accepting his help for getting that visit with Nico," I explain looking at my phone for the yoga studio. "I told him she was off limits, he is getting way too comfortable and I think he needs a reminder of who he is dealing with." He nods in understanding starting the car.

"So what's the plan?" He doesn't sound even remotely sure but I know he will follow through with whatever I told him to do.

"He went after Mia, I go after his wife. Sadly for him, my methods are quite different." That's all I say while putting my phone over the gadget in the windshield so Rick knows where we are supposed to go.

___

"There it is." Rick points to the side. "It's almost 8 pm so she should be about to get out." He tells me looking at the time on my phone.

"We will follow her with the car first, figure out where she is going." I nod looking towards the door of the small yoga studio.

My phone starts to vibrate once again. Mia has called about a thousand times now, Danielle too but I declined every single one of them. Now though instead of declining I simply put my phone or airplane mode since we don't need it anymore.