|71| The fix whats broken

(Important author's note at the end)

"Hey, did you sleep well?" Mia asks me the moment I get to the kitchen. A weirdly big smile on her face.

She still looks exhausted but not half as much as a few hours ago. I was so worried when I noticed how hard walking was for her at first, it look almost as if she wasn't in control of her body and I wanted to make her stay in bed but by the way she looked at me I could tell she needed some space so when I made sure she was fine I decided it was better to let her be.

I thought maybe time alone would help her go through everything that happened yesterday and hopefully get over it. Or at least a part of it but clearly she is still affected. But who wouldn't? This is not normal for her, a man who was meant to protect her bleeding to death on our bathroom floor, FBI agents filling the room trying to get information out of her... me.

Someone like her isn't meant for this world, she deserves so much better but as selfish as it is I just can't let her go. I wish I could, I really do. A part of me wishes she would just run away from here, seek the life she truly deserves and leave everything else behind but at the same time, I know that if she did that I would just run after her.

I would follow her until my very last breath.

She is my everything.

"Carlos? Are you okay? You should go back to bed if you are still tired it's only twelve." She says and that's when I notice I zoned out and didn't answer her question.

"I'm okay don't worry, just still half asleep but I slept well and more than enough, I promise." I smile walking towards her. She is washing some strawberries in the sink. Actually a lot of strawberries.

"Making something?" I point to the fruit in the plastic strainer.

"I was thinking about it but then I noticed we literally just have strawberries and some leftovers inside the fridge so there's not much I can do. Thought about ordering some groceries but I guessed now isn't the moment." She looks over at the entrance where the blood of Santos was yesterday.

It was tough to convince the police of allowing us to clean but thankfully Nathan interfered and after they took about a hundred photos of the hall and bathroom they finally let us clean everything up. I didn't want Mia to wake up to a bloody mess, she had more than enough.

"Yeah you did the right thing it's not really safe right now and about that, I was thinking we should leave this apartment for a while. Whoever attacked Santos knows we are living here and I won't risk your safety once again." I say and she stops washing the strawberries.

"Move?" She asks softly. The smile from before even if forced now totally gone.

"I know it's not ideal, I understand you have got used to this house but staying here would be such a stupid idea not to say dangerous," I say hoping she will understand.