|67| The past that hunts us

(Au

(Au. I would read this while listening to Disfruto by Carla Morrison, especially if you understand Spanish. If not it's beautiful anyway but I would advise you to look up the translation! It's worth it.)

"If you asked Nathan to get you inside that prison as an actual inmate I might actually fucking kill you." She says staring at me and in her eyes, I can see how much she is hoping she is wrong.

"Mia..." I whisper her name not knowing what to say because that's exactly what I did.

"Oh my god, you did." She mutters in disbelief her voice quivering.

"A few hours with him won't be enough. I need time, Mia." I try to explain and watch how suddenly all the confusion on her face turns into anger. "You asked me to end this, well this is the only way. Nico is the only one who has information about my father and an hour with him in a room watched by prison officers and cameras won't give me shit."

"No, just no. You are out of your fucking senses. I don't know what's going on with you but you need help, actual help." She blurts out in frustration.

Help? I don't need fucking help I just need this to be over. She asked me to end this madness. Well, that's what I'm trying to do.

"I don't need help. I'm fine, if I'm doing this it's because you told me to. You told me you wanted this to be over." I say confused about why she doesn't see it.

"When did I tell you to get inside fucking prison? When?" She elevates her voice. "God, and you weren't even going to tell me." She looks up to the ceiling her hands over the sides of her head.

"I was going to tell you," I state clearly.

I wasn't going to keep this information away from her but I had a plan. This wasn't the moment she was supposed to find out.

I had a plan.

"Oh really?" She looks back at me her voice shaking. "And when would that be? You would call me from prison so I could visit you or you will make Rick tell me once you were inside? Or who knows maybe Nathan would appear here and take you away from me in the middle of the night!"

"No, I- Mia, I'm sorry I- "

"No, don't. Please. Don't even dare to apologize. I'm done hearing those words." She says but this time she doesn't sound angry she just sounds like she is in pain.

And once again I'm the one to blame.

"I swear I was going to tell you, I just knew you would stop me and this is the only way this could ever work. I need to finish this, I need to finish this once and for all." I tell her my voice shaking the way hers did.

If I don't, this will finish me and I can't fucking do this anymore.

"This isn't the right way Carlos. This is consuming you and you are not even aware. You need help, professional help." Suddenly what I thought would end up in a fight turns into an intervention. "Someone to talk to, to let your thoughts out, and someone who can help you get through this."