|15| The consequences of existing

She had checked my legs last night and this morning she had come up to tell me she was leaving and to call her if I needed anything

She had checked my legs last night and this morning she had come up to tell me she was leaving and to call her if I needed anything. And I know today is her free day but I guess I expected something more. A fight trying to convince me to take morphine or questions about my back but nothing, she just left.

I don't blame her, I wouldn't want to talk with me about it either. She knows I will just use it as an excuse to try and distract her from what's actually going on with me and how much my legs are hurting recently.

So now I sit over my bed alone, thinking about how instead of thanking her for taking Hunter off my back I attacked her with my words to try and forget about my pain. I'm fucking pathetic.

But there's no way I'm staying here in bed until tonight, I might be a fuck up but there's no way I allow myself to go that low. I don't need her for everything, I can spend a day by myself. That's why I decide to get the chair that she had purposely left near my bed and get down on it, which is easier than I thought it would be.

Rolling out of the room my arms feel a little tight but eventually get used to it as I keep on giving laps around the house that lead me nowhere, there's not much I can do so this is the most thrilling thing.

"Wait," I mutter to myself as I remember the box of cigarettes I believe is still on one of the drawers in the bathroom shelves. I'm sure she checked the rooms and kitchen but who would check the bathroom?

If I have a box there it's only because Matteo hates the smell of smoke and made me be as far as possible from the main area if I wanted and I quote "slowly kill myself" which is a funny thing to say coming from an alcoholic.

Thankfully it's supposed to be on the lower shelves so I can reach it perfectly. But when I open it I'm instantly met with an almost empty drawer. The only thing occupying is a note folded in half.

"I know every trick but I also know how hard it must be so I will allow you to have one, enjoy it." - Mia

Opening the folded paper with a half-proud half irritated smile on my lips I take the one cigarette stuck with a piece of tape to the inside of the note. She really knows all the tricks which sucks for me but I guess I should be grateful she left one behind and I can guarantee I will enjoy it. Properly.

Going to the kitchen to get a lighter I also check the fridge to find something easy to eat. Cooking has never been my thing and now it's definitely not the time to learn so whatever is inside will work, even if it's just some jam on top of a slice of bread. I have eaten worse.

Spreading the strawberry gooey-looking shit on a sad un toasted piece of bread I try to find some kind of snack inside the pantry and to my luck, in the very end I do. Chips, original flavor, and probably expired by now but closed so it doesn't really matter right? I have to remind Mia to buy something worth binging to. There are just ingredients in this kitchen.