|45| The conversation

"Thought you got lost

"Thought you got lost." I smile in Carlos' direction as he gets closer to the kitchen with the help of his crutches.

I really have to ask him about the prosthetics. I know he said he was up to it but well a lot of stuff has happened since, even if it was just a few days ago.

"Sorry, I decided to take a quick shower and well then I noticed I couldn't really take a quick shower anymore." He smiles getting behind me.

Well if this is the perfect moment. He brought the matter himself.

"You could when you have your prosthetic," I say slowly while drying the bowl I was washing so we can use it to make the pancakes.

"I see what you did there." He hugs me from behind. His chin resting on my head. "But you are right, call Hunter, whenever he is free I'm up to try it."

"You sure?" I look up at him making his chin slide away from me.

"I'm sure." He smiles kissing my forehead.

"Okay, I will call him later." I smile too, proud of how far he has come. "For now, let's teach you how to make pancakes."

"I'm up for that too. Tell me what to do querida." He lets go of me and moves to my side. (Dear)

I have already set all we need over the counter so we just have to start.

"First of all, are you comfortable? We can do this while sitting down if you prefer." I ask knowing it won't be that easy for him to cook standing.

"I'm good, I have been working on my balance and I will keep my crutches near. If I need to sit I will tell you." He assures me.

"Okay well then let's start. The first thing we need is eggs, we are going to use two. Crack them here and beat them up good." I hand him a whisk. "That's a whisk, a pretty basic tool. You can use it for whisking obviously, emulsifying, etcetera. Really useful."

"Seems easy enough." He takes the whisk and puts it next to his bowl before taking an egg. "Cracking eggs is as far as my knowledge goes but I'm damn good at it." He jokes cracking the eggs into the bowl.

"You are amazing at it." I smile shaking my head at his huge ego.

"I know I am, no need to tell me." He smirks in my direction.

"Keep whisking." I chuckle while putting the amount of milk we need into a measuring cup. "Okay now imma add this, you keep going and once it's mixed we put in my secret ingredient."

"Secret ingredient?" He asks curiously.

"Yeah, a little cream. My dad used to it, don't really know what it does but it works." I say pouring some cream inside once the milk is in. "And now the flour and baking powder. Make sure you don't leave any clumps behind or they will taste like flour."