chapter 64

A/n pov:

When Namjoon and jin heard what tae was about to do back then, they felt frozen in their places.

Namjoon: J-Jungkook what are you saying?

Namjoon questioned his voice coming as a mere whisper, jungkook wiped the falling tears from his cheeks and nodded his head repeating what he said before. And each time he thinks about it his heart aches so badly.

Jungkook: w-what if....what if doyoung wasn't there at the right time hyung? We would have....we would have lost him!

Jungkook sutured with a trembling voice, he didn't what to think about it but the thought just keeps wavering in his head. He couldn't stop thinking about it. And the fear of being left alone without tae by his side killed him inside. Namjoon immediately came forward and hugged jungkook tightly.

Namjoon: Shhh kook don't think something like that....that didn't happen. It d-didn't

Namjoon mumbled trying to convince himself. Joon can't even imagine what would have happened if doyoung wasn't there at that time. It made him feel uneasy. That would have shattered everyone's heart. Jin who was frozen snapped back to reality when he heard his husband speak, he too moved forward and patted jungkook's back in a conforming manner trying to calm him a bit.

Jin: That brat! He'll get a handful from me when he gets well. I'll make sure to beat some sense into him.

Jin grumbled. He'll make sure of that. After a few minutes of comforting silence, Jin began to speak.

Jin: I have kept medicine on the table kook, in case he gets fever again give him that. And make sure he isn't on an empty stomach, give him some porridge and then give the meds okay?

Jin said softly making the raven nod like a little kid sniffling a little.

Jin: He'll be fine kook don't worry too much hm? Let him rest, for now. he won't wake till morning. By the way, did you have your dinner?

Jin questioned with narrowed eyes. jungkook was about to say yes, but with jin, you can't lie he'll find it within seconds so Jungkook truthfully said that he's yet to have his dinner...when jin came to know that jungkook didn't eat yet, he dragged him to the dinner table and made him sit.

Jin: wait here I'll re-heat and bring them.

Jin said and went to re-heat the food.
When Jungkook and joon were left alone, Namjoon began to speak.

Namjoon: I'm sorry kook

He suddenly apologised and jungkook looked at Joon with big surprised eyes.

Namjoon: As you see I'm a little overprotective with tae...It's because I have seen and heard how that kid suffered without a father, And I still can't imagine how he managed to run the family kook, just imagine there's no one to back you up financially, you have to do everything on your own, support your family at a very young age, make sure they have proper food and other necessity and there I had everything I asked for, lived a luxury life and enjoyed my parent's money without any worries...It hurts me, kook, so much...our tae didn't get to live happy teen years, didn't get proper sleep and had to overwork all the time.

Namjoon said nearly tearing up, his heart tugged every time he thought about his baby. Tae must have wished to have someone to protect him at that time, right? He should have wished to have Someone who can stand for him at the needed time and that's why Joon is so protective of tae. He wants tae to have everything best, wants him to feel that now he has people to love and protect him with all their hearts, he wants tae to be happy and live his life to the fullest, and that's all that the younger deserves too.