Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Blood is thicker than water...

Because Kreacher was always terrified that someone would walk in on them, Regulus made a sign for his bedroom door explicitly forbidding anyone to enter. It read: Do Not Enter Without The Express Permission Of Regulus Arcturus Black.

"There," he told Kreacher, once it was hung. ""Are you happy?"

Kreacher grudgingly nodded, but his doubtful expression promised more concerns to follow. He did come to Regulus at night, though, even if he refused to remain while they slept. The new element to their relationship had its frustrations, but it was also a delightful secret for both of them. Something special to hold close in their hearts that no one else new. Something that made the mundane activities of life more bearable with the new element of their close relationship to look forward to. Neither had paid mind to physical matters before that first kiss, but the intensity they discovered together was admittedly addictive for both.

"I never thought I was into blokes," Regulus murmured as they lay together in his bed late one night near the end of the Christmas holidays. "I suppose I assumed I'd fancy a girl some day, but it never seemed to matter one way or the other. Of course I'm not into blokes now either, when it comes down to it...Just a particular one who really knows how to make me feel ways I never imagined possible." Though he was quite certain that he'd just done a rubbish job explaining his feelings, he felt the need to try. The two talked of everything together, after all. This new intensity between them was a marvel, and mentally an unexplored topic when it came to implications and such. It was as if everything yet nothing had changed between them all at once.

"Kreacher cares not for blokes or girls. He only cares for Master Regulus. He never imagined anything like this, but that first kiss was the most powerful experience of Kreacher's whole life."

Regulus chuckled. "Yes. Exactly. I was trying to say just that. It seems you tangle my tongue in more ways than one."

They shared a laugh before Kreacher ended the somewhat serious moment by pressing several impassioned kisses to Regulus's all too eager mouth. "Kreacher knows," he murmured.

Returning to Hogwarts after the Christmas break was torture for Regulus. Being away from Kreacher was even more difficult than usual because now his body craved the company of his friend as much as did his mind. Often when at school in conversation with anyone else, he'd wonder what Kreacher would think about a particular topic, or make mental notes to bring up the subject with the elf the next time they talked. That was normal, but now any time he had the thought his body chimed in as well, craving something it had expressed no interest in previously with anyone else. He finally broke and wrote Kreacher half way through the first week, asking him to come and visit at Hogwarts in the evening. Elves could apparate in easily so there was nothing to keep him out. Regulus was a Prefect and suddenly had an irresistible urge to show Kreacher the Prefect bath. The huge tub with its bubbles and fancy soaps had now taken on a new meaning in Regulus's mind. As it turned out, Kreacher enjoyed the bath quite a lot, and the Prefect's bathroom was a perfect place for them to meet unnoticed. No one would walk in on one in the bath, after all.

"Kreacher thinks we need one of these at home," he declared, stretching himself into the jets with a blissful sigh. Regulus ran a hand over the smooth skin of Kreacher's water slicked chest, nodding in agreement. The parents didn't relish any bit of change being made to the archaic structure of the old manor, insisting that history should be preserved. Still didn't the bloody ancient Romans enjoy luxurious baths? Regulus planned to present that bit of history as an argument when he broached the subject to them. As the bath tryst was a success, they met there daily, each evening at eight. Kreacher simply apparated directly into the Slytherin Prefect bath, so no one ever saw him arrive. Regulus always had the bath ready for their pleasure. The warm water surrounded them, the jets hitting their bodies in all the right places as they kissed and touched one another to ecstasy. These nightly meetings made school tolerable, though Regulus had decided that this sixth year would be his final one. Not feeling challenged in any of his classes, he felt Hogwarts had given him all it could by this point. Over spring break Bellatrix and Rodolphus promised to recommend him for the dark lord's service so hopefully he'd be a Death Eater by the summer. With this the case, returning to Hogwarts would only take time that he could use far more productively serving the dark lord's cause.