Chapter 127

"I think we should tell Severus and Mag that we're a couple," Regulus said.

It was February thirteenth, the day before Valentine's day, and he'd just remembered that they still hadn't technically come out to Mag and Severus. He'd planned to speak to Kreacher about it the night of the Halloween dance at Durmstrang, but they'd gone directly up to bed when they got home and the prospect of sexy phantom on phantom Halloween shagging with Kreacher had entirely erased any need for conversation about Severus and Mag or anything else for that matter.

After Halloween was over they were busy with preparations for the winter holidays, and the continuation of the redecorating of the manor. With everything going on, Regulus's intention to tell Mag and Severus that he and Kreacher were a couple just fell between the cracks.

With Valentine's day nearly upon them, love was literally in the air, as was his need to share news of it with anyone who might not know. Hiding things around friends was just too stressful, and everyone had been so supportive, that he was less and less nervous when it came to sharing the fact that he and Kreacher were a couple.

"What?"

Kreacher turned to gape at Regulus in surprise.

"Does Master Regulus not think they already know? They are aware that we wish to have children, after all."

Regulus shrugged.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean that they know we're physically involved. We aren't having children the traditional way via the usual method of shagging so perhaps they believe the attempt is purely for magical experimentation in the name of pure blood squared and all that."

Kreacher laughed.

"Can they truly be that stupid?"

Regulus felt his lips twitch as he gave Kreacher a shrug.

"It's an assumption," he said.

"Our relationship isn't exactly expected, I suppose."

"So Master Regulus does believe them to be stupid," Kreacher mused.

"Kreacher understands. Master Regulus is always so polite."

Regulus laughed, shaking his head.

"So should we invite them to a Valentine's date tomorrow night? For dinner somewhere nice? I'd tell them I'm dating someone I'd like for them to meet...Then when you and I show up, they'll understand."

"Kreacher doubts it if Master Regulus truly believes they don't already," the elf muttered.

Regulus grinned.

"So is that a yes?"

Kreacher sighed and nodded. As they were in the library having an after dinner read, Regulus only had to cross the room to the desk in order to access quill and parchment. He wrote Severus and Mag that he'd love for them to meet the person he was dating, and what better occasion than a romantic Valentine's dinner. He suggested they meet up around eight on Valentine's night at a Bulgarian restaurant for fine dining that he'd heard Gellert mention often called Shimmer.

He asked Mortis to take the letter and the phoenix was back within ten minutes with a response.

"I told you so," Regulus said, chuckling happily as he showed the letter to Kreacher.

Mag's usually neat and ornate handwriting was rushed with excitement. As Regulus had suspected from her and Severus's reaction when he sang Spooky to Kreacher at the Halloween dance, they had no clue!

Wow, Regulus! You're finally dating someone? We're excited to meet her. Yes we'll be there at eight sharp.

Mag