Chapter 58

Kreacher had never had a social life that wasn't connected to Regulus. Never had he personally been invited anywhere for his own sake. Never was his company personally sought out except by Regulus. One could speculate that wizards and elves did not often socialize together and this would be true. One may also claim that most elves were slaves and as such having a social life was not appropriate or even likely. Even free elves, though, weren't often heard of being invited to tea with wizards for whatever reason.

Though Kreacher was vaguely intrigued by this Nosferatu that supposedly looked like him, he would not have wanted to go on a social outing without Master Regulus, had said master not strenuously encouraged him to do so.

Being invited to someone's home for a purely social outing without anyone else accompanying Kreacher had surprised him, and were he honest, flattered him as well. Still he had no use for activities outside of those in which Master Regulus could participate. He went to Adler Manor Saturday at two in the afternoon, though. Millicent Bulstrode had written Friday night to say they would be meeting at two, and Kreacher prided himself on being on time.

As it happened, Kereston apparated to the door of Adler Manor at the same time as Kreacher. She apparently valued punctuality as well.

"Hi," the small blonde greeted, giving Kreacher a bright smile.

"I'm so glad you were able to come! I'd have watched the movie with Millie, but it'll be so much more fun and interesting with you watching too. I cant' wait to see what you think of Nosferatu!"

"Does Kereston Boxwood not have...fun, with Millicent Bulstrode when others are not present," Kreacher wondered.

Kereston chuckled, shrugging.

"Oh sure, but we grew up together, so if nothing new is going on to give us something to talk about it's just the same old same old. And do just call me Kereston. It's faster and we are friends, after all."

Millicent opened the door as Kereston was saying that last bit, and she grinned, nodding.

"Same here. Just call me Millicent," she invited easily.

"Not Millie, then," Kreacher asked, peering up at Millicent as he and Kereston stepped inside.

Millicent scowled at Kereston.

"Has fucking Boxwood been calling me Millie," she demanded.

"I fucking hate that. .It."

"Sorry, it's just..." Kereston began and Millicent cut her off.

"It's just shorter? One fucking syllable shorter, Boxwood. Stop being so god damned lazy with your mouth. It isn't as if you have trouble talking, after all."

Kreacher couldn't help but snicker at Millicent's creative speech patterns.

Her mention of Kereston's mouth brought another question to mind that he and Master Regulus were both curious to know the answer to.

"Why does Gellert Grindelwald call Kereston Porky Mouth, Kreacher wonders."

Kereston rolled her eyes and sighed as Millicent led them into the parlor.

"Because he's being a prat," she groaned.

"I took him once to McDonalds and he hated it! Like hated it even more than Millicent hates being called Millie! I assume he started the Porky Mouth thing because I like to eat their burgers and he assumes they're made of pork due to the term hamburger."

Millicent giggled.

"He can be an immature prat when he gets something into his head."

"What is McDonalds," Kreacher asked, mildly perplexed.