Chapter 105

The next evening when Regulus woke, Kreacher stood eagerly at the side of his coffin with a letter in his hand.

"Someone answered Master Regulus's advert," he said excitedly.

"She is a Necromancer from Germany named Ariana Schwarz."

Regulus's lips twitched in a small amount of amused satisfaction.

"As Schwarz means black, it seems suitable for a Necromancer. Also one must wonder if we're somehow related though it is doubtful. Then again with wizarding kind, maybe not."

He chuckled as he sat up to pluck the letter from Kreacher's hand.

"With wizarding kind, it seems at times we're all a bit related. I wonder if it's the same with elves," he mused and Kreacher shrugged.

"Kreacher does not know."

The parchment on which the letter was neatly penned was thick, crisp and expensive looking, Regulus noted.

He read it silently, aware that Kreacher would've already done so before he presented it to Regulus.

Dear Mr. Black,

I am a skilled Necromancer and if your parents have not gone on into their next life or incarnation as it were, I believe I can help you. I am currently in Germany but plan to come to England soon as I am seeking family there. I will of course accept the generous payment of gold that you offered in your advertisement, but if you would be willing to help me to locate my family instead, I would gladly trade. My father is a wizard who, last my mother knew, lived in Scotland, so perhaps you know him. I shall be arriving in London in two days. If you are interested in meeting with me, I shall be at King's cross train station at a little before midnight in two days and I would appreciate it if you could meet me there.

Sincerely,

Ariana Schwarz

"Interesting," Regulus said, folding the parchment and rising from his coffin.

"Kreacher assumes we shall meet her at King's Cross," he asked and Regulus nodded.

"Seems worth a go."

Kreacher nodded back in agreement.

"I wonder if we'll know who her father is."

Kreacher shrugged thoughtfully.

"If not we can likely find out soon enough by asking around."

The next day, Kereston came home with what looked like a large carrying case for a pet cat. It was full of Nifflers. She had five in all, borrowed from a friend who got them on loan from another friend who worked with Gringotts. Working at the Ministry did give her useful connections, Regulus thought.

"You're keeping them in there until we set them loose in the forest, aren't you," he asked, gaze warily on the case of Nifflers in the small blonde's hand.

"Oh of course," Kereston nodded vigorously.

"I don't want them nabbing everything shiny in this place that isn't nailed down anymore than you do."

Regulus's lips twitched.

"I'd bet on them nabbing anything shiny even if it was nailed down. I shall write everyone directly and let them know that the Nifflers are here. We can meet everyone in the forest, hopefully within the hour."

While he hated leaving the little animals stuck in a small carrier, he wasn't going to let them loose in his home, so the sooner they could release them into the forbidden forest, the better for everyone.