Chapter 110

Over dinner, Kreacher, Regulus and Kereston speculated heavily about how things were going with Aberforth and Ariana. Of course their own speculations were all they would have until the next evening. When Ariana came to fulfill their bargain, she would surely share. When dinner was over, Kreacher and Mortis left with Regulus, keeping him silent company while he hunted down his human meal of foul Muggle. Afterward they returned home and retired to the library until time for bed.

The evening was quiet, both Kreacher and Regulus silently mentally readying themselves to hopefully speak with the spirits of Orion and Walburga on the morrow. Of course once in their bedchamber with the door firmly shut to the world outside, all silent introspection gave way to mutual passion and the reveling in one another's company on all levels, a thing that never lost its charm. When at last the sun rose, forcing Regulus to his sleep, Kreacher fell into his own exhausted slumber across the vampire's chest.

When he woke it was past two in the afternoon. Yawning and rubbing at his eyes, he rolled out of bed, and murmured something to Mortis about going for lunch before apparating from the room and stumbling down the stairs to the kitchen. He hadn't bothered to dress because no one else was home.

Hastily constructing two ham sandwiches and a pot of tea, he readied a tray to take back upstairs. After adding a bowl of water for the phoenix, who may not be in the mood for tea, he floated the tray in front of his and headed back to his and Regulus's bed chamber. The tea smelled very good, and he could practically feel the caffeine rising from the steam and calling to him. After he and Mortis made short work of the first meal of the day, Kreacher finally got dressed. Then, simply because he wanted to, he spent nearly an hour watching Regulus sleep. At times it was still such a wonder that his beautiful Regulus had returned to him.

Eventually he apparated down to the library for a book to busy himself until sunset. He chose one on complex enchantments, with the idea of creating more items with Blaise and Gellert in mind. Taking the book back upstairs, he curled up on the bed beside Regulus to read. He was happily distracted, when, a few hours later, Regulus's husky voice murmured a sleepy, "Well good evening."

Kreacher lowered the book, hastily placing a charm on the page he was reading so the book would open to it later when he was ready to resume again. A smile spread over his face as he turned to greet Regulus. It was so easy to be happy when in his presence.

"It certainly is now that Master Regulus is awake," he murmured, bending to brush his lips over Regulus's own tantalizingly soft mouth.

Regulus made a low sound of desire as he gently drew Kreacher down, deepening the kiss. The glazed look in Regulus's beautiful blue eyes caused Kreacher's stomach to flutter in a way that made his breath catch in his throat.

"Your kisses are like sin," Regulus murmured, and Kreacher grinned, knowing by the hungry tone, that the words were a compliment.

"Your...mouth...is...so...soft," Regulus continued between kisses.

"Master Regulus's is softer," Kreacher protested.

"You're dressed," Regulus murmured thickly.

"That, is very wrong."

As Kreacher completely agreed, he shrugged out of the tunic in less than a second, tossing it to the bedroom floor. With a low growl of need, Kreacher straddled Regulus's hips before bending to kiss him again. Regulus sighed in contentment as their chests made contact. Kisses and touches quickly became heated. Kreacher heard his own nearly raw moans of need as he thrust against Regulus's beautiful slender body. Arching his neck, he dragged Regulus's kissing mouth to his throat.

"Now," he commanded breathlessly, then cried out in the ecstasy he'd longed for when Regulus drove his fangs into Kreacher's flesh. Merlin's balls, but there was nothing like this, Kreacher thought, hands rising to clutch desperately at Regulus's shoulders. Far too soon Regulus was drawing back, but Kreacher was not having it. Not this time! Regulus always stopped taking the blood too soon.