Chapter 62

"Regulus! Kreacher! Someone is down stairs asking for you," Doge called through the closed bedroom door.

"Judging by the blonde hair and German accent, I think it may be Mr. Grindelwald," he added in a near whisper, knowing by now that Regulus's vampiric hearing and Kreacher's elf ears could pick up on a near whisper just fine.

It was the second day in a row that Regulus and Kreacher had someone to call. The two currently lay tangled and sated on the bed. They'd recently returned from hunting Regulus's evening meal before enjoying other pleasures once back home.

"Do you mind putting him in the library," Regulus asked.

"We shall be right down."

"Not a problem," Doge said.
"I shall offer him tea."

"Thank you so much," Regulus said gratefully.

"Think nothing of it, Dear Boy," Doge said and then Regulus could hear his footsteps retreating.

"He truly is a kind soul," he murmured and Kreacher nodded against his shoulder.

"He's a friend of Dumbledore's. What else could he be but kind?"

Regulus gave a short laugh.

"Well, Severus is also a friend of Dumbledore's so..."

Kreacher's lips twitched into a slow grin.

"Yes but Severus Snape is also kind to Master Regulus and Kreacher, so for us at least, Kreacher's sentiment still stands."

"Fair enough," Regulus said.

Dragging himself languorously up to a sitting position, he bent to give Kreacher a final kiss before getting dressed.

"Master Regulus is so beautiful," Kreacher murmured nearly wistfully against Regulus's lips. The elf's hands slid through Regulus's hair, spreading the black locks over his slender naked shoulders as the kiss deepened. Suddenly getting dressed was the last thing on Regulus's mind. Making a low sound of desire, he sank back down, drawing Kreacher closer.

"Beautiful Master Regulus," the elf murmured, then gasped as Regulus's hand slid down his body.

Though Regulus did very much wish to know what brought Grindelwald to call, he was, at times like this, tired of always being responsible rather than taking what he wanted. Look what it had gotten him thus far to be the diligent, responsible one, after all.

Escalating heated kisses and touches had them both on the edge, so at least Grindelwald would not have to wait long. Soon they were crying out their pleasure against one another's skin as their bodies shuddered together in ecstasy for the second time that evening.

This time when Regulus gave Kreacher a final kiss both dragged themselves up from the bed, hastily locating then dawning their garments that had somehow gotten themselves scattered around the room. Before long they were walking into the library together to join Grindelwald. The blonde sat in an armchair near the fire, an untouched tea tray on a table at his elbow and an old looking book in his hands.

"Have you seen this one yet," he asked them in way of greeting as he glanced up with a slight smile.

"What is it," Regulus asked, arching a brow.

Grindelwald smirked.

"Can't you see it in my mind?"

Though he quipped, a genuine curiosity flashed in his animated blue eyes.

"No, actually," Regulus said.

"Your shields are quite impenetrable unless you happen to be thinking of your man."