Chapter 90

The next day, Kreacher and Regulus visited the Lestranges. They wanted to catch up after being away for months. Regulus also had a favor to ask as well. Wanting to give the family time to have dinner, the two took their time arriving. The day started leisurely enough with an hour or so spent in bed together before rising. After sharing a long bath, Kreacher accompanied Regulus to feed, then they apparated to Raven's Nest. Rabastan opened the door in a black bathrobe with a brandy glass in one hand.

"Well if it isn't our favorite little freaks! Come in," he said, standing back and ushering them inside.

"Hello Rabastan," Regulus said, trying not to smile.

"We wanted to catch up, considering we've been away for months."

"We got the gifts you sent from Greece and Bulgaria," Rabastan said, flashing a quick grin.

"Thanks."

They'd sent books from Bulgaria and pagan antique art from Greece. Regulus and Kreacher had shopped for themselves, and picked up similar items of interest for the Lestranges, Kereston, Millicent and the Snapes as well as Albus.

"We're glad you like everything," Regulus said with a smile.

"We're all hanging in the library," Rabastan said, leading the way in that direction.

"I'd offer you a bit of brandy, but as you can't drink it, I guess that leaves more for me."

"Who is it, Rabastan," Bellatrix's voice called from the library.

Rather than answering, Rabastan ushered Regulus and Kreacher in ahead of him.

"Hi, Bella," Regulus said warmly.

"Rod! How is it going?"

"Bloody good, literally," Rodolphus said with a pleased chuckle.

"Working for Black Ops is brilliant. We get to torture, and kill, and sometimes we get to torture and kill!"

"It is nice having a job that allows one to take the edge off," Bellatrix cackled.

"Did you prats enjoy your vacation?"

"We did, actually," Regulus said, settling onto the loveseat beside Kreacher while Rabastan flopped across from them in an armchair.

"Kreacher enjoyed such a great variety of food," Kreacher enthused.

"We have gotten to travel a bit ourselves for the Black Ops work, and as we're in heavy disguise, it's easier to move about unnoticed," Bellatrix said.
"So we've eaten in France and Mexico while you were gone."

"Also we tortured in France and killed in Mexico while you were gone as well," Rabastan added with a smirk.

"So pleased you like your new line of work," Regulus said dryly.

In spite of himself, his lips twitched in amusement, though.

"We remember well that we owe it all to you, little cousin," Rodolphus said fondly.

"Oh it was nothing, and I owe you that and more," Regulus professed honestly.

"I did come to beg a favor as it happens, but rest assured I'd ask even if I wasn't the one to help you out of prison. It's rather a family matter."

"Oh it isn't about Lucy Malfoy is it," Bellatrix asked.

"We so detest dealing with him."

Regulus chuckled.

"I am pleased to be able to say no. It's about a house elf. We need one."

Kreacher spoke before the Lestranges could and his words caused Regulus's jaw to drop.