Chapter 149

As it happened, Wulfric Dumbledore did not attend Hogwarts the following year, but instead began at Durmstrang where he and his parents lived. Albus did have him sorted when they paid their yearly sneak visit to Hogwarts to visit Filius and Minerva, though and the hat proclaimed him a Gryffindor. Wulfric would've liked to attend Hogwarts in order to gain a bit of freedom from his parents, but neither Albus nor Bera were interested in giving him this freedom at such a young age.

"If it makes you feel any better, I really really wish the daddies would allow me to attend Durmstrang," Loughness told Wulfric.

He and Sortia were over to spend the weekend with Loughness and Hydra before term began at Durmstrang the very next week.

"It has the best dark arts training, and even Daddy Regulus always wanted to attend there over Hogwarts."

Regulus nodded in agreement to Loughness's words.

"Indeed. Even with your parents breathing over your shoulder, it is a wonderful opportunity," he told Wulfric with a smile.

The family was gathered in the library after dinner playing a board game called Maze Of Doom. Whoever got through the maze without being killed by game pieces of other players won. As they talked, Hydra's broom game piece swept across the board, taking down Kreacher's basilisk from behind in a sneaky round about move.

Regulus smiled as his daughter crowed with delight, bouncing up and down in her chair.

"See, even big strong creatures can be taken down with the proper maneuver!"

"Indeed," Kreacher agreed, nodding as he smiled proudly at her.

"Don't worry," Wulfric told Loughness as he took his turn, moving his phoenix across the board to avoid Regulus's dragon.

"I'll teach you all the interesting things I learn at Durmstrang that Hogwarts doesn't cover. My dad used to run the place so he'll know anything that you won't be learning and he can tell me."

"Alright," Loughness said reluctantly.

"It's silly that girls can't go to Durmstrang," Hydra complained and Wulfric nodded.

"Got you," Sortia called happily as her monster book of monsters game piece ate Wulfric's phoenix.

"Phoenix's aren't immortal today, Smuggler!"

Wulfric tittered as his game piece fluttered into the box to join Kreacher's basilisk.

"True enough," he agreed.

"Good going."

He gave the younger girl a proud smile.

"She's learning. The past three games, she was too eager to take out every piece in her path so I kept getting her from behind, but today she was more careful," he told Kreacher and Regulus.

Wulfric was a great deal like an older brother to Sortia, which Regulus thought was sweet. Severus had always been like a son to Albus, and the fact their children were close seemed fitting.

"Mummy and Daddy are making me attend Beauxbatons," Sortia said, returning to the conversation of schooling.

"I know it shall be just dreadful!"

She made a face, looking quite a lot like Severus in that moment.

"Having parents that decide to play dead does limit our options," Wulfric said with a sigh.

"I know," Sortia agreed fervently.

Scowling she pushed a strand of long black hair behind her ear. She looked a lot like Severus when she frowned, but the shape of both parents faces could be seen in her own with Mag's high cheekbones and large green eyes combined with Severus's thin lips and long, hooked nose.