0-3: The Legend of Skanda (Prince 1 & Spider 3)

Prince 1:

I'm Shunsuke Yamada.

Me and my childhood friend Kanata Ooshima have recently befriended Kyouya Sasajima.

They are my group mates for the group project we're having at school.

We asked him if he has played this MMO action RPG we are playing.

Kyouya hasn't, but decided to pick the game up to play with us since it's free to play.

To make sure he gets to enjoy the natural difficulty progression, me and Kanata held back and played at Kyouya's level.

He is very grateful to us for not power levelling him and said so himself.

Right now, there's an event going on.

A special, difficult quest that requires four players to partake.

Since there are only three of us, we are going to have to form a party with a random player.

We are not expecting anything out of the ordinary, maybe some worry that the random player will be toxic towards Kyouya for being at a much lower level than the rest of the party.

But our expectations are completely shattered.

The random player who joins our party is none other than Skanda.

The legendary free-to-play player has been playing this game since the first open beta.

With his character, Baldie, who has zero defence and only one hit point as all the points are specced into attack and speed.

An absurdly risky build and playstyle, it's literally all or nothing.

Many have tried but only Skanda is known to be able to pull this off.

Not even the pay-to-win players can compete with Skanda in PvP, as he will always outlast his opponents no matter how long it takes, making him the top player of this game in general as Skanda is inhumanly good at this game.

Think about it, the faster your character, the easier it is to run into an attack by accident, so the more precious you need to be to handle such speed.

I am kind of fanboying here while Kyouya is confused over the commotion.

Kanata quickly explains Skanda's achievement and Kyouya is obviously impressed.

After we calm down, well, mostly me who had to, we request that Skanda hold back so Kyouya gets to play as well.

Though part of me wants to see Baldie going all out myself.

Skanda agrees on the condition that he will sit back and watch us fight and step in to complete the quest on his own if we go down.

This will make things harder for us since this quest is supposed to be tackled by four players.

Not to mention, Skanda's inclusion in our party will raise the difficulty even more as the quest scales with the average level of the party, and Baldie is at a really high level, nearly at the current level cap.

Skanda could play as a dodge tank and draw aggro but decides not to.

His reasoning boils down to wanting to see us overcome the odds, and if that goes south, he gets to enjoy challenging the odds all by himself.

With his playstyle, it only makes sense he enjoys tackling difficult challenges, same with watching others do so if I have to guess.

Anyway, we start the quest and right away, things aren't going well for us.