2-1: Preparations for the Middle Stratum (Spider 33)

Spider 33:

It's been a long time since I evolved and I have been living here while preparing for the journey to reach the Upper Stratum.

How long? I have already eaten all the monkeys and started eating other small fries.

Well, I did eat a lot of them after evolving, so that is probably not a good way to judge the time now that I think about it.

Speaking of, how long has it been since I got isekai'd?

...Yeah nevermind, I have no way to tell the time until I leave this damn stupid labyrinth.

But before that, I have finally decided that I will tackle the Middle Stratum instead of looking for another vertical shaft in the Lower Stratum.

I have to get revenge on that lavahorse for making a fool out of me after all.

Inner Critic: Eh? What about That, Hiiro?

I have no idea what you're talking about, Inner Critic.

More importantly, I have to find a way to deal with the heat and my lack of ranged attacks since that webs are unusable there.

Anyway, I checked my Stats after evolving and found out Appraisal-sama is now LV8.

Hm? Why am I calling it sama now?

Because she has become super useful now! That's why!

At first, the LV8 upgrade just seemed to display the amount of Skill Points.

But double appraising it lets me see the list of Skills I can grab with my Skill Points, which is the super useful part!

In my past life, I used to find Moonie's desire to be a magical girl to be silly at best.

But now I am totally on board with the idea, because I really want to use Magic!

Looking through the list of Skills I can grab, I found [Mana Perception] and [Mana Operation].

You literally can't use Magic without these.

Just when I was about to grab them both, I remembered that [Mana Perception] is already part of [Detection].

I already know that lesser Skills get incorporated into more advanced Skills.

Grabbing [Mana Perception] is pointless since [Detection] will just eat it up as Proficiency.

In other words, I can't use Magic until I can use [Detection].

But [Detection] is so powerful just turning it on for a second or so levels it up.

And the higher its Level, the worse the headache I get.

I am going to need more processing power to handle it I guess.

Inner Critic: Guess that just proves how slow and stupid you are, Hiiro.

Hey! Not cool, Inner Critic! I am smart! I had pretty good grades back at school, y'know?!

[Detection] just goes overboard!

Wait, haven't we already done this joke before already?

Am I seriously running out of jokes already?

Nai wa...

Anyway, I then looked for Skills that can help my brain handle [Detection] and found 'it'.