3-12: Plans for the Future (Spider 60)

Spider 60:

I never expected to be doing good deeds long before becoming Human again.

I mean, good deeds besides looking after a fellow classmate.

And I most certainly didn't expect any reward for it, much less such an excellent one!

Karada: A surprise to be sure, but a welcomed one for once.

We are now back at home with the snake and more importantly, the mystery fruit we got for saving the adventurers.

Karada: Technically, we stole it from them.

Majikku 1: But considering we saved their stupid asses, I say it's only fair.

Majikku 2-9: Yeah, exactly!

Anyway, Wisdom-sama, please tell us what this is.

Wisdom-sama: < Dried ?????? Fruit >

So it is a fruit, now I wonder if we can get more info on however you pronounce it.

Wisdom-sama: < ?????? Fruit: A plant that grows extensively across the continent of ??????????. It flowers regularly and produces fruit. The fruit has a sweet taste and restores a small amount of MP. >

Karada: Oh, so it is not just a snack, it is a consumable item for restoring MP.

Fei: <Was it a good idea to take it from those Adventurers? They might have needed it.>

Majikku 1: We did heal them with our own MP, so I say it's a fair trade.

I just hope they make it out alive, it would be a waste of our effort if they die afterwards.

<I am sure they will be fine. And before we eat it there is something we must do.>

So we have Fei put down the fruit for now and we Fast Travel deep into the Middle Stratum.

Fei: <Huh? What are we doing here?>

This is the first time Fei has actually ventured into the Middle Stratum beyond the entrance to it at our homebase.

She is strong enough by now to endure the heat, and we are now hunting for a catfish to go with the fruit.

<That right over there.>

We rushdown a nearby landbound catfish before it could even register our arrival here via Fast Travel, wrapping it up in threads that can withstand the heat here thanks to the recently acquired [Flame Resistance], all the while the other Monsters make a break for it to get away from overpower spider that popped up out of nowhere.

Fei: <Oh, is this the catfish you were always banging on about?>

<Yep! Finally caught one after so long, now we can have a delicious dinner with the fruit as dessert.>

Fei: <Finally! Some good food for once!>

We killed the catfish by stabbing it with our scythes, without any Poison to avoid affecting the taste as much as possible.

Sure, it burns, but any recoil damage helps to further build [Flame Resistance].

After finishing it off, and getting no Experience from it since we hit the level cap, we Fast Travel back home again to wait for the catfish to cool off.

<By the way Feirune, I am going to evolve, which means I am going to be out of action for a while. You won't be able to wake me up in an emergency until I am done.>