3-I: Training Routine (Wyrm 7)

Wyrm 7:

Ugh, this sucks.

Skanda-sama's training routine for me sucks.

I remember being relieved and even a little excited that I would be getting a helping hand starting this new life.

But as we started my training, my excitement soon faded away, replaced by discontent.

The first thing Skanda-sama made me do is acquire four Skills with my large pool of Skill Points.

[Appraisal], [Mana Perception], [Mana Operation] and [Technique Perception].

They were expensive, costing me a total of nearly 5000 points.

I need the first one to be able to see my own Stats and Skills, but only once it has reached a high enough Level.

It is absolutely trash starting out, practically useless even.

No, it's even worse than useless as I would get a massive headache everytime I tried to use it.

Skanda-sama said he just got used to the pain as he brute forced his way into levelling up by appraising everything in sight, even the floor, walls and ceiling.

Even now, after 'weeks' of training, I still don't think I will ever get used to it.

But it is getting better I guess, just very slowly.

As for the next two Skills, I need them to be able to use Magic.

Problem was, I didn't have any Magic Skills to teach me any Spells to use.

Skanda-sama quickly solved that problem by introducing Manual Control.

A harder and more dangerous but ultimately better way of using Magic by constructing the Runes for Spells by one's own hand, well, [Mana Operation].

All I had to do to learn Spells is to use the fourth Skill to 'see' the Runes Skanda-sama constructed and then do it myself.

He would make them slowly so I could follow, and used the simplest Spells so I wouldn't have to do anything too difficult.

Thanks to this trick, I have obtained [Poison], [Shadow], [Dark], even [Healing] and [Spatial Magic] after a lot of trial and error without spending any more Skill Points.

Seriously though, it is ridiculous how much harder [Spatial Magic] is to use compared to the others, talk about a difficulty spike.

[Healing Magic], while not as hard, is still considerably harder than the other Magic.

The fact that Skanda-sama finds them relatively rather easy himself impresses me.

There is also [Abyss Magic], but it is down right impossible for me to replicate with how hard it is to use.

I mean, even the master of Magic that is Skanda-sama said he needs an extra mind form a Skill called [Multi-Minds] to be able to pull it off.

The idea that I am actually talking to one of his many minds still weirds me out.

The other problem with [Abyss Magic] is that it is too destructive, the nuclear option essentially.

Can't exactly practise it without causing massive damage to our surroundings.

There is another type of simpler Magic he could teach me, [Heretic Magic], but he won't for the simple fact that maxing it out would give me a Level of [Taboo].