2-E: Baum Atmos (Crier 3)

Crier 3:

My situation is worse than I thought.

I am not just part of any noble family, but one of the top ones of the ????? Realm.

But we are also called ?????s, kind of weird for the place we live in to be called Human Realm.

I still cry at the drop of my hat, but I am trying desperately to prove myself anyway.

I have managed to understand the language somewhat, and have begun crawling.

My parents would be impressed with me, if my twin brother didn't also manage to crawl as well.

We are part of the Atmos family, nobles expected to make it to the top and work in the ????? Lord's Castle and help with political affairs.

In fact, one of my ancestors was a ????? Lord, so the pressure is really on.

My name is Baum, and my twin brother's is Wald.

This is bad, my brother is clearly going to be the shining star between the two of us.

Though I do have some hope, apparently, the birth rate among our people is low, and there has been an increase in stillbirths recently.

So there is a chance I won't be abandoned on the basis that our society needs as much promising manpower as possible.

Still, I will no doubt be at the bottom of the barrel.

Me and Wald will go to an academy for nobles once we are old enough.

I dread going to school again, it was nothing but hell in my past life.

Since I cry very easily, I got mocked for being pathetic very often.

It certainly didn't help that I was a boy, still am by the way.

I was bullied, and alienated for not being manly.

Then I got into high school, and nothing changed.

Kind of, Natsume mocked me, but also dragged me along with him.

We played football, but I was bad at it and he laughed at my failures and tears over them.

We sometimes played D&D with other people, but I got so invested in the story that I often cried and he laughed at me again.

Then there were the times he mocked Shinohara, he often had me be the backup, agreeing with his mockery.

I hated it, I hated being dragged around to be a laughing stock and a tool.

And I am afraid that's gonna happen again.

I can be as strong or capable as I want to be, but that won't change how pathetic I am as a man, and be looked down on for that.

I cry at the thought of despair, my tears dropping to the floor and crystallising.

I still have no idea what the deal is with that, but it is clearly bothersome for the butlers and maids to clean them up.

I am so screwed.

But I do have knowledge from my past life, and the mental intelligence of a 16-year-old.

Even if I do get kicked out of high society, maybe I can still manage as a farmer?

Hopefully?

I have also heard about the famine caused by the destruction of the farmlands during an invasion by the ?????s, whatever they are.

They probably need as much manpower as possible as well.