0-5: Table Tennis Grudge (Runner 1 & Spider 5)

Runner 1:

Kouta Hayashi, a quiet boy who doesn't stand out at all.

Except for the moment he picks up a table tennis racket.

For that is because I am a professional at table tennis.

And I am also relatively decent at most other sports as well.

I am definitely the most athletic person in class, and maybe even the whole form, of which no one can deny at this point.

Natsume has tried and failed to beat me at my game, even when he cheated by pairing me up with Kogure while receiving back up from his best friend Sakurazaki.

I won the 1v2 without breaking a sweat.

Sorry, but you're just too slow it seems.

In fact, I started to pair up with Kugore in 2v2 games ever since to handicap myself, which makes things more entertaining.

Since he's terrible at sport, I get to 1v2 everyone all the time, except for right now.

Today, the boys and girls are playing table tennis together.

Our, or maybe I should say my current opponents are Wakaba and Negishi.

These two always pair up with each other in PE lessons for some reason.

I mean, the prettiest girl and ugliest girl working together is a bit jarring.

But I suppose it also makes sense for the two loners to team up.

The first time pairs must be formed, they were the leftovers so they teamed up.

They pair up immediately nowadays as Ogi has told me.

That guy is good friends with pretty much everyone, even the girls.

So he knows a lot more about what's happening around school than anyone else.

I have also recently learnt from him that those two girls apparently wear boxers.

I am not one to judge people's choice of underwear, but there were rumours that Wakaba is taken because of that fact.

Not that anyone but her can confirm it and no one dares to ask her.

And personally, all this talk about underwear of all things I keep hearing from people lately is just beyond stupid.

Don't you all have more important things to worry about?

If you all are so bored as to talk about someone else's choice of clothing, then maybe you work on yourselves instead?

But then again, most people are pathetic and useless.

Back on topic, Wakaba puts zero effort into PE activities, leaving the heavy lifting to Negishi.

So much like me, Negishi is always 1v2ing other teams.

The most I have ever seen Wakaba do is just walking quickly, and not just during PE, she climbs up and down the stairs and walks to and from school at almost a comedic speed.

She definitely doesn't want to waste any more time than necessary getting from place to place, at least, that's the impression I have of her.

Considering how fast Wakaba is just walking, I have to wonder how fast she can actually run if she actually tries.

Such a shame she is not putting in the same effort into PE as she does with other subjects.

Though that might actually be indicative of her reliance on talent, thus failing to be anything more outside her comfort zone.