2-13: The Calm before the Fire Storm (Spider 45)

Spider 45:

Well, this is awkward.

The only way forward is to cross a lake of magma.

Yes, even though this place is super wide, so wide it feels wrong to call it a passage, the magma lake covers the entire hallway.

Actually, with how deep the lake is, I know thanks to [Detection] by the way, shouldn't the surface cool down and solidify?

Karada: Eh, who cares about nerd stuff. I am sure we can hop across the lake with the small islands dotted around it.

Nai wa, but true, worst case scenario we can move via the ceiling, we have the SP and EP for that.

Karada: Seriously though, no Humans would want to be here. If only an Administrator took a liking to a certain young girl and gave her a special power, then she would be able to escape this labyrinth with ease.

Majikku: What about [Wisdom]?

Karada: But [Wisdom] hardly helps here, don't you think?

The real problem is the Monsters lurking in the magma.

I sense dragon eels in there, the first time we ran into them since we evolved.

Karada: But we are super strong now, remember? I seriously doubt we need to worry about them now.

Well, it's not like we have any other choice, let's get a move on then!

We jumped to the first island and immediately, I sensed a dragon eel rising out of the magma to attack us.

We can probably take it, but I think we should get to a safer location first.

What do you guys think?

Karada: Let me at it!

Majikku: Don't be stupid, there's no point fighting on a disadvantageous field.

2 to 1, let's bolt then.

Karada: Great, now we have two cowards on board.

Karada refuses to run, waits for the dragon eel to show up and dodges the dragon eel's fireballs.

I activate the [Evil Eye]s knowing we have no choice but to fight now.

Majikku: I am not dying because of your stupidity!

The dragon eel prepares to use [Flame Breath] but it stiffens in its attack posture.

Karada: Eh? The dragon eel isn't attacking?

Seems like [Paralysing Evil Eye] is working then, more effective than I thought, good thing I picked this over [Roting Evil Eye] and [Petrifying Evil Eye], as for-

Majikku: Nevermind escaping, let's kill it and eat it then!

Majikku starts shooting [Poison Shot]s at the dragon eel to kill it while it is paralysed.

Majikku: Hey! Start pulling it to land with thread! Don't forget [Energy Conferment]! Make new threads as they burn up!

Karada: Got it!

I thought it's my job to shout orders?

Majikku: Someone has to step in when you get distracted by stupid thoughts.

Nai wa, but fair enough.

Karada: Is the Magic even doing any damage?

Not really, the dragon eel does have the [Wyrm Scale] Skill which passively boosts Resistance of the user alongside Defence.