1-16: Wave 2 Inbound (Spider 31)

Spider 31:

I immediately start preping for the incoming wave 2 by laying webs on the wall again.

Among the reinforcement are three of those bigger monkeys with crocodile mouths.

Must be the evolved form of the lesser monkeys based on the name similarity.

Not that I can read this world's language properly.

Terrifying, the lesser monkeys are bad enough, these guys are probably way stronger.

The lesser monkeys are climbing the wall again from the far right and left to avoid my webs.

On the bright side, they have stopped throwing rocks at me for some reason.

Maybe they are too far away to do so with the giant pile of web and monkeys directly below me?

Whatever, I am more worried about the evolved monkeys anyway.

I know how to deal with the lesser monkeys by now, but the evolved ones aren't doing anything?

Why? Are they up to something?

Sure enough, one of them lifts up a huge boulder and hurls it at me!? Nai wa!

I manage to evacuate in time, but my nest, my high ground, is destroyed.

At least I don't see anymore boulders nearby for the evolved monkeys to use.

But still, if they are strong enough to do this, can my thread even restrain them?!

I look around again, it will take some time before the lesser monkeys reach me.

I have time to make a simple foothold to use, and no more cannonballs to worry about.

So I rush to make that foothold, which doubles as a trap should a monkey reach me.

There, done! I am ready to go again!

Looks like the lesser monkeys are now more deliberate with how they get stuck on the web.

Before, it was just an accident, but now they are intentionally creating a path for the others to use.

That said, I can just cover the monkeys in webs to destroy the path.

And since no more reinforcements are showing up now, the longer they try to keep this up, the thinner their numbers get.

The lesser monkeys are practically a non-issue by this point, which leaves...

Eh!?

One of the evolved monkeys backs up and prepares to run in my direction.

Wait! Don't tell me you are gonna make a running jump up to get here?!

I ready my Casting Net and sure enough, the evolved monkey jumped all the way up here.

Thankfully, it doesn't have anything to control its movement midair, so it can't dodge my Casting Net.

It ends up crashing just below my foothold and immediately tries to escape.

Like I feared, these guys can tear through my threads, not immediately but still.

I better kill it while I still can!

I drop a ball of [Spider Venom] into its mouth.

It screams at the pain, but it doesn't die!?

Another one then!

This time, it finally dies and I levelled up to LV8.

Perfect! The MP, SP and EP refill will help me deal with the other two.