1-14: Status Report before Bed (Spider 29)

Spider 29:

Inner Critic: Status report, Hiiro.

I ran into another set of those dino trio, and used a new technique of mine, Casting Net, to defeat them.

I then might have repeated the mistake of dragging all three of those Monsters at the same time.

Inner Critic: Hiiro, you dumb dumb.

Anyway, I got a new Title, [Poison Master], and got [Poison Magic] and [Poison Synthesis] from it.

I still can't use Magic, so let's just ignore [Poison Magic].

I then dramatically posed while yelling [Poison Synthesis], ready to say 'That's how life goes.' as nothing happened.

But it did work, a menu appeared in my head.

I can make [Weak Poison] and [Spider Venom LV8].

It just creates a ball of whatever Poison I choose and it sticks to the limb I summoned it with.

Well, not really stick as it is hovering near my limb, until I 'drop' or 'throw' it.

No real idea how I am supposed to store it for later without a bottle and it uses MP so I can't spam it either, would be nice to create a bunch of Poison for use later.

Moving on, I made my way to a huge enclosed space unlike the tunnels, so big that my render distance can't reach the other side.

Scary, I could very well get lost in here with the lack of landmarks, so I stuck close to the wall while I was exploring.

Still, part of me is amazed by the scale of this chamber.

In my past life, I remember watching shows about relatively unexplored places around Earth.

I watched a channel about that topic and about wildlife all the time when I was a stupid kid who wanted to go on a grand adventure around the world and even to space.

Though as I grew up, I stopped caring cause they were so far removed from my life.

Honestly, I have no idea why I even bothered watching them anymore, force of habit I guess.

But now? I can't afford to be aloof and ignore them now that I am living in these places.

To think that I would never experience this if those Humans hadn't chased me out of my home and into the Lower Stratum.

Then all of my traumas hit me.

Hell no! Those bastards will pay!

I am gonna wrap them up and drag them through the labyrinth!

Have them experience all my pain before I kill them slowly and painfully with Poison!

Huff...huff...whew...

No, don't think about it. Nai wa.

Inner Critic: Don't lose yourself to hatred, Hiiro.

Yeah, you're right, Inner Critic.

Who wants to be a Monster hated by everyone, loved by no one?

I then saw a big monkey with a crocodile-like mouth pass by, followed by a huge pack of smaller, more-normal-looking monkeys.

I immediately hid myself to wait for them to pass.

It was scary, they are that strong and still hunt in packs.