2-14: Battle on the Fire Sea (Spider 46)

Spider 46:

Karada, focus on dodging!

Keep the Fire Wyrm in your line of sight if you can so we can use Evil Eyes on it, but don't push it!

Karada: Right! Right! I won't take risks!

Maji-

Majikku: I will support with Magic wherever I can!

Karada: How?!

Majikku: Shut up and just do your job!

Good, good.

Now, activating [Mental Warfare] and [Magic Warfare]!

At the same time, on the Fire Wyrm's roar as the signal, the lavahorses all shoot at the island we are on.

We jumped to another island, away from the Fire Wyrm, I can sense with [Detection] that the island we were on is destroyed.

Karada is making a break for land back the way we came from, not looking at the Fire Wyrm.

She is not even trying to look at them at all, is she?

As we try to jump to the next island, a wall of fireballs from the lavahorses flies towards us.

Karada: "Ah! Please no! I don't wanna die! Nai wa!"

Just then, a bunch of [Poison Shot]s shot out and intercepted the fireballs, creating a hole in the wall of fireballs for us to get through.

Nice! Way to go, Majikku!

Majikku: Heh, I know, now let's get onto the ceiling!

Karada: On it! On it!

We launch an [Energy Conferment]-boosted thread towards the ceiling, dragging ourselves up while barely dodging the fireballs that almost graze our legs passing under us.

The Fire Wyrm launches a giant fireball, a [Fire Dragon LV5: Flameball Breath], at where we are on the ceiling, but Karada makes a mad dash to get away from the spot.

The explosion scattered fire and debris everywhere, should we have been hit, even if we somehow survived the initial hit, we would have fallen into the magma.

Karada: Scary! Scary! Scary!

More incoming fireballs!

Majikku will shoot down as many as she can, I will inform you of the ones that got through!

Majikku: Sounds like a plan, don't mess up, Karada.

Majikku uses [Poison Shot]s to counter the fireballs while I analyse the situation as best I can.

We manage to hold them off for a while, until a big fireball from the direction we are headed comes barreling towards us.

Can't block or dodge this one, get onto that island, stat!

On my command, Karada kicks off the ceiling, dodging the explosion in time.

Karada: "Nani the heck!?"

Our way forward is blocked by three dragon eels!

Karada: We have a better chance of getting past that one Fire Wyrm then!

Just as Karada turns around to face the Fire Wyrm...

Majikku: Sorry to tell you this, but it is backed by another dragon eel. Not to mention the dozens of lavahorses.