1-11: Anxiety 100 (Spider 26)

Spider 26:

Inner Critic: You're going to be okay, Hiiro.

Yeah, I made the right call staying here, to roam around the same place That does is too dangerous.

Inner Critic: On that note, your best chance at surviving long term is to make your way back up the shaft to where you used to roam about.

But first, I need to level up and get that full heal from it.

The only source of Experience here is the bees.

Inner Critic: You spent a long time observing them, learning about them while conserving what little food you have.

By the time I finally ran out of bee corpses to eat, I noticed some stray bees that work alone.

My [Pain Resistance] has maxed out and became [Pain Nullification] by then, allowing me to use my new technique, Kumorning Star, without my movement being hindered by pain to catch those stray bees to eat.

Inner Critic: You wanted to judge the bees for not caring about the strays being killed, but you can't say you wouldn't do the same in their position.

At the same time, I have slowly but surely expanded my nest upward.

My [Pain Resistance] maxing out also gave me [Pain Mitigation] as a new Skill.

This one actually reduces the amount of pain I feel without removing the intended function of pain, to alert you of damage.

Still hurts a lot though.

Meanwhile, by using Kumorning Star, a tether grab, I have gained [Concentration], [Throw] and [Hit].

Surely, they are helping me to be more accurate with my much needed ranged attack.

Inner Critic: Still, it did not help with the fear that has been lingering at the back of your mind.

True dat.

For one, I don't know when That will return.

And it definitely will notice my nest and me this time.

I don't stand a chance against That.

Inner Critic: You are not even prey, you are bait at best.

Then there are the bees.

My plan to expand my nest upward will eventually encroach on their territory.

The image of hundreds of those bastards trying to stab me and inject poison into me is just...just...

Inner Critic: And finally, there is your wound.

I definitely wouldn't have survived having a large hole in my body as a Human.

Even if I did, I still have to deal with things like infection.

At least there are no maggots to worry about here...

Wait, don't some wasp hunt spiders to inject their young into, oh god I-

Inner Critic: Nope, not happening, these are bees remember, Hiiro?

Right right, calm down me.

Whew, okay...

Anyway, there is definitely still some Poison lingering in my wound.

I tried to clean it with [Thread Control], but it hurt so much I thought I was going to die.

So instead, I just cover it up and focus on hunting bees.

Inner Critic: But one of your fears has come true.

My HP has slowly dropped from 6 to 3 now.

I am on the verge of death and ever edging closer to it as we speak.

Inner Critic: Still, you have to be close to levelling up with how many bees you have killed. Just hang in there, Hiiro...There! Another stray bee has wandered into range! Get it!

I catch the lone bee without hesitation, drag it into my nest and bite down hard on it.

Divine Voice: "Experience has reached the required level.

Individual Small ???????? has increased from LV2 to LV3.

All basic Stats have increased.

Skill Proficiency level up bonus acquired.

Proficiency has reached the required level.

Skill [Strength LV1] has become [Strength LV2].

Proficiency has reached the required level.

Skill [Solidity LV1] has become [Solidity LV2].

Proficiency has reached the required level.

Skill [Overeating LV1] has become [Overeating LV2].

Skill Points acquired."

Inner Critic: You did it, Hiiro!

I did it, Inner Critic!

I can feel the large hole on my back healing.

I am not on the verge of death anymore and the pain is finally gone.

I couldn't be happier right now!

Divine Voice: "Proficiency has reached the required level.

Acquired Skill [HP Auto-Recovery LV1]."

Really!? Seriously?!

Couldn't you have given me that way earlier?!

No, no.

I should be grateful I have that now, right, Inner Critic?

Inner Critic: Yeah, be grateful for what you have, not envy what you don't, Hiiro.

Now that I am no longer in excruciating pain and one of my fears is gone, I should fully focus on my escape plan.

Inner Critic: Hopefully, lady luck will favour you with that this time, Hiiro.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.