2-B: Razraz (Oni 3)

Oni 3:

As Kyouya Sasajima, I was quite the problem child growing up.

The first major incident I had was in kindergarden.

Me and some boys around my age were playing in the playground when a bunch of older boys showed up.

They demanded we hand over the playground to them and even threaten us with a beat down.

My fellow playground goers naturally recoiled in fear.

I think I would have done the same too if I was alone, but seeing how my friends were threatened set off my rage at the injustice instead.

So I fought them, all by myself.

Crazy, even now I have no idea how I manage to put up a fight against those older boys on my own.

I remember Skanda commenting that I have natural talent for combat when he watched me successfully PvP someone stronger on my own.

Maybe there is some truth to that statement?

Anyway, we continued to fight until a nursery teacher came to stop us.

And much to the surprise of my past younger self, I was scolded.

Why? Because I made an older boy cry in pain and my friends were dragged into the fight and got hurt because of it.

I was too focused on attacking to even notice that.

I didn't understand what I did wrong at the time, but that was when I had a vague idea that what I think is right won't necessarily line up with the opinion of others.

Still, I continued to fight for what I think is right, even if that pushed away my friends at the time and put me at odds with everyone else.

In hindsight, I still believe my intentions to be pure and just, but my methods certainly weren't.

What did I do? I beated up bullies picking on others.

Something I shouldn't really be proud of is that I never once lost a fight.

Despite my short stature, despite my lack of any training in any martial arts, I went undefeated.

Of course, I am not so deluded to think I could win against someone who actually knew how to fight.

Though I did the right thing by standing up for others, I was all alone.

I obviously made a lot of enemies with those I fought, and the adults saw me as nothing but a problem child.

Even the people I protected were afraid of me.

They called me the 'little orge'.

By the time I graduated junior high, my pride in doing the right couldn't support me anymore.

I wanted acceptance from someone other than my old family and I miss having friends to play with, so I decided to pick a high school that's far away from my neighbourhood.

Moreover, I put on an act of someone who is chill so as to make a good first impression.

And it worked, people weren't afraid of me, nor did they hate me.

I even managed to befriend Shun and Kanata.

They introduced me to video games, something I had never really taken an interest in until then.

We then befriended Skanda, a legend among the player base of the MMO we played.

It was great fun, to actually play with friends like I used to at that playground.

But things didn't remain peaceful forever, my sense of justice is just too strong.

I hated the way Natsume pushed the other boys around.

I hated how Shinohara was harassing Wakaba for such a petty reason.

And I hated most of the students for mocking Negishi with that degrading nickname.

Eventually, Shinohara attempted to beat Wakaba up, or at least that's what I assumed she was planning to do when she dragged Wakaba by the arm out of her seat.

I finally broke my act and stepped in, ready to fight Shinohara after scolding her failed.

Fortunately for me, her friends stopped her.

I would have definitely gotten into a lot of trouble if I had fought a girl as a high schooler.

As expected, once people saw my true colours, I was treated differently.

Some people were afraid of me, and some mocked me.

Kusama even set up a pool where people could bet on who Wakaba was gonna date, and I was his top pick.

Clearly, he was mocking me, but I didn't really care.

Romance wasn't a priority of mine, even if I admitted to wanting a cute girlfriend when Kanata once asked me about it.

But really, that answer was half assed, for I have never really thought about it much.

Having given it some actual thought now, I would say that I want to be with someone kind.

Wakaba certainly wasn't cute, nor do I even know much of anything about her as a person to begin with.

And she certainly seemed apathetic towards others and even herself, not someone kind.

Back on track, Shun, Kanata and Skanda stood by my side.

They didn't abandon me.

I think that's why I had the resolve to continue my justice, and told Natsume and everyone off for their wrongdoings.

Though my urge to just punch the problem into submission was still there.

That became clear when I couldn't just punch toxic players online.

Beating them in a fight didn't matter, they just got more toxic.

It was frustrating, and I took my anger out on NPC enemies in the game.

But now? None of that really matters.

Kyouya Sasajima is dead.

And I am now a Goblin in a game-like fantasy world.

Yeah, I am still struggling to speak, but I more or less understand the Goblin language now.

I have overheard things like Levels, Skills, Stats and Magic.

I understand that I have been isekai'd, but accepting game systems to be a part of reality is kind of hard.

Like, am I dreaming that I am in a game?

But evidently, this is my new reality.

And I must face this reality as Razraz, my new name.