1-7: Centipedes & Gameplan (Spider 22)

Spider 22:

Three times.

I have run away at full speed three times now in this new life.

First, from my new family in this world, who were eating each other.

Second, from the Humans who raided my home with my weakness, fire.

And finally, I have just ran away from an army of centipedes called ????? ??????s.

That was freaking terrifying, please don't tell me I am traumatised by that, I don't need panic attacks getting in my way in more serious situations.

Or worse, in front of other people who will then make fun of me!

No no no, I can't be scared! Nai wa!

Inner Critic: Oh really, Hiiro?

Don't sass me, Inner Critic!

I mean, running away was the right choice, but not because I was scared! Okay?!

Whew...

So, let's review what actually happened.

I resumed my exploration of the labyrinth and soon came across a new enemy, an ????? ??????, which looks like a centipede.

It was looking the other way, and when I had Appraisal-san appraise it, she failed.

I got the species name, but it didn't show me the centipede's Level.

Having long since given up on head-to-head combat, I instead launched a surprise attack.

I sneaked up before it and wrapped it in threads before it could do anything.

It was such a total victory I was almost disappointed with the ease of it.

Not that I am going to complain, not after some nerve racking encounters with other Monsters.

Anyway, it was gross to eat like everything else and I felt stiff after eating, more on that later.

Then Appraisal-san hit LV4, and I think I should mention that the drunk feeling, or at least I think that's what being drunk feels like since I have never actually drank alcohol before, whenever I appraise something is more or less gone now.

In case you are wondering, no, the reason I did so poorly against the frog is not because I had Appraisal-san active.

I turned it off when I was fighting, don't assume I'm that dumb!

Inner Critic: You are though, Hiiro.

Am not!

Anyway, the new features are the HP, MP, SP and EP bars, those are health, magic power, stamina and energy respectively.

Since I no longer feel dizzy when Appraisal-san is working, I have her keep my own appraisal result on all the time since then to see my resource bars.

I then saw another centipede and got super excited at the prospect that I would be able to see my opponents' HP, MP, SP and EP.

But as you would expect from my luck, Appraisal-san failed me yet again.

I was so mad at the time that I failed to notice the appraisal result showed the centipede's Level, which was 2.

Looking back now, I wonder why Appraisal-san failed?

I was LV6 then so it couldn't be the Level difference, right?