1-N: End of Stagnation (Pontiff 1)

Pontiff 1:

Curious.

The previous Hero, Darresmieg, disappeared nearly 40 years ago alongside the previous Demon Lord.

No one can find them, let alone know what they had been doing.

And just about half a year ago, a new Hero was appointed by the System, which would mean the previous Hero is now dead.

Ideally, the new Hero would be a nobody, that way the church would have no trouble controlling their actions.

But unfortunately, the new Hero is a prince.

Julius Zagan Analeit, the second prince of the Analeit Kingdom.

With political protection, we cannot control him as easily as we want.

Still, he is young, so we might be able to influence him to act the way we want.

At the same time, I have been informed that the Demons have a new Demon Lord too.

Which meant the Hero and Demon Lord both died around the same time, I can only wonder what happened.

More importantly, the Demons are now undergoing militarisation, probably preparing for war like every other time.

But war and conflict are a necessary part of this world if we are to gather enough MA Energy to heal the planet.

As long as humanity survives, I don't mind the Demons attacking.

If anything, with how dire their situation is with their famine caused by the destruction of their farmlands by the Renxandt Empire's counter invasion back when the war was still going on, they might very well wipe themselves out for good.

Good riddance, I say.

The real concern is what Ariel and Potimas are up to.

Ariel is far too powerful for anyone within the System to contend with, and Potimas with his forbidden and inhumane technology is equally if not more dangerous.

At least Ariel wishes for the world to be saved as well, albeit for a different reason from mine, so she isn't necessarily an enemy, just someone who greatly and rightfully dislikes me.

But Potimas, with his ruthless drive to ensure his own survival at the cost of everyone else's, is most definitely an enemy to all.

Why he would use his Elf clones to create a 'peace' propaganda movement when conflicts are needed to restore the planet for good, I don't know.

Wouldn't it be better to work with everyone else to fix the problem asap?

The only conclusion I can draw is that he is benefiting from the System, thus delaying the restoration of the planet to have more time to use it.

After all, he needs the System to sustain his method of immortality.

The consequences of his pursuit of it are the very reason the planet is in peril and needs the W System to act as its life support in the first place.

To think he would continue to delay everything even when the planet is on the verge of destruction is just infuriating.

He is either short-sighted or has some sort of grand plan in the works, neither of which is pleasant to think about.

That damn Potimas, why must we all suffer from your selfishness?

Sigh...

There is also the matter of the sudden and significant drop in energy level of the planet.

Was it a major System failure, or was Potimas behind it somehow?

No one knows, and all the effort gathering energy over the centuries has gone down the sink.

Sigh...

Anyway, with a new Hero and a new Demon Lord, it seems the stagnation of the past few decades has finally ended.

May it finally bring an opportunity to finish Potimas off, though I doubt it.