3-P: Nightmare of the Labyrinth (Summoner 2 & Wizard 2)

Summoner 2:

Any and all excitement I ever had for this mission has disappeared.

There are a couple of reasons.

First of all, just before entering the labyrinth, I have received a letter telling me that my wife has given birth to our daughter.

I should be back home to celebrate this occasion, not on a mission far from home.

Secondly, when I went to ask the guide for the investigation task force to guide us, he outright refused before I even finished my sentence.

Saying something about never wanting to be near that thing again.

That was a reality check for me, I was so caught up in how exceptional this spider is that its actual danger hadn't sunk in until then.

And finally, there is this squad that is assembled to subjugate the duo of strange Monsters.

30 of the top knights of the empire, 4 Labyrinth Guides, me and Ronandt, the strongest Human mage.

The issue here is Ronandt, everyone else is fine and taking this mission seriously.

Ronandt: "Good grief, to have the strongest Human mage explore such an unpleasant place is just not right!"

"Sir Ronandt, I understand your displeasure but in case the threat is A-Rank or above, we need your strength to subjugate it. So please take this more seriously."

Ronandt: "Please, it's just a random spider Monster. I bet you just can't wait to get back home to see your newborn child."

"Sigh...yes, that is part of it. But more importantly, this 'random spider Monster' you are dismissing has been known to help people. Only Legendary Rank Monsters have the intelligence to act with such intentions. This is no ordinary Monster, it could very well be too strong for even you to defeat it. So again, please take this seriously."

Ronandt: "Alright, alright, we have had this conversation far too many times now."

And once again, I can tell how casually he is taking all this by his dismissive tone.

Ugh, I can hardly stand his attitude.

Ignoring him for my own sake, we have yet to find the spider.

The large tunnel where it killed an Earth Drake is now home to an abandoned nest.

We have searched the surroundings for days now, finding nothing of note.

Right now, we are heading to a nearby entrance to the Middle Stratum, a place too hot for anyone to explore.

This will be the last place we check before leaving.

Considering spiders' weakness to Fire, it is unlikely we will find anything.

Still, if there is a chance, then we do have an obligation to check thoroughly.

The Leading Guide: "Gah!?"

Another Guide : "What's wrong!?"

The First Guide: "I can't move!"

But why? There is nothing there.

The other guide seemed to be thinking the same, and moved forward to help the first.

Ronandt: "Wait! Cast some light and look carefully, the threads are extremely thin."

Ronandt shouted and we all then noticed the threads after carefully looking.

They are so thin, too thin to be seen, it's thanks to the light reflecting off them brightly that we can notice them at all.