1-4: Refusal of the Call (Spider 19)

Spider 19:

A few 'days' have passed, I am now LV5 and fully healed.

I killed some more frogs, and had to wonder if this place is some sort of frog breeding ground with how many of them there are here.

Mr Froggy sure loves visiting me, ya think there's something going on there?

Inner Critic: Ew, gross! You sick duck, Hiiro!

Just a joke, Inner Critic, no need to have a stick up your arse.

Appraisal-san and Divine Voice understand and don't judge me, be more like them.

Anyway, I got the [Fowl Feeder] Title from eating my third frog and got [Rot Resistance] and [Poison Resistance] from it.

I was worried that getting [Poison Resistance] again would be a waste since I already have the Skill, but it got incorporated into my higher level version of the Skill according to the Divine Voice.

I think that means I got Proficiency in that Skill, which is good, now I don't need to worry about getting repeats from Titles.

As for [Rot Resistance], I guess I can eat rotten food safely now?

Y'know, since I got it from an eating-related Title?

Not that I intend to let any food rot in my presence in the first place.

I may not look it, but I never waste any food as a true min-maxer should.

And I hate myself for it considering I really do eat everything I can to maximise my chance of survival, including...yeah.

Beside the frogs and that lizard, I have encountered more enemy types in the meantime as well, nerve racking as new experience is.

There are the ????? ????????s, dino looking Monsters, and three showed up at once actually so I got super scared.

Thankfully, not only are they dumb like the other Monsters, they don't seem to have any range attack to threaten me with.

Still, the idea of getting ganged up on really freaked me out.

Let's see, I always dislike crowded places.

Like, everyone is a potential threat, so the more people there are, the more uncomfortable and unnerved I get.

Inner Critic: Y'know that's stupid, right Hiiro?

I know, if anything, people are less likely to attack me with so many others there to step in and protect me.

I guess I just instinctively don't trust people to care about me in a good way.

I mean, no one stepped in to help when I tried to defend a victim of bullying.

Inner Critic: Because no one likes you, Hiiro.

Don't rub it in, Inner Critic.

Nai wa, how messed up is it that the pathetic wimp is the only one who cares enough to be a decent human being?

Anyway, then there is the ????? ???????, it has the arms of a monkey, body of a penguin and head of a pelican.

It's just strange, not even freaky, just strange.

Does getting weirded out count as being scared?

Inner Critic: Who are you trying to fool, Hiiro? You're a scaredy cat and you know it.