3-2: Battle against a Proper Dragon (Spider 50)

Spider 50:

Karada, get out of the shadow and put some distance between us and the Fire Dragon!

Karada: Got it!

Majikku, use Shadow Spear!

Majikku: Roger!

Majikku uses [Shadow Change] to make a spear out of our shadow, [Solid Shadow] to solidify it, and [Shadow Manipulation] to launch it at the Fire Dragon as we jumped out of the shadow ourselves.

The Fire Dragon dodges it easily, but the main purpose of the Shadow Spear was to put distance between us anyway.

We then stare each other down.

Karada: Despite our earlier declaration, I am scared. It doesn't feel like we can win.

Yeah, it has better Stats and Skills than us.

The most problematic of which is [Status Condition Resistance], which includes [Poison], [Curse] and [Paralysis Resistance].

Not to mention [Dragon Scale], further boosting its Defence and Resistance.

Majikku: So we are at a huge disadvantage with our main weapons weakened.

Karada: Honestly, how is that even fair? Being so resilient to everything!

This is probably the end of the road for us, but as Karada once said, we are gonna live fast and die young.

We will shine like a comet until we burn up into nothing but ashes, for the world shall bear witness to our glorious life and death!

Karada: Hell yeah! I ain't gonna go down pathetically!

Majikku: Let's give this bastard a fight to remember!

[Intimidation], [Mental Warfare], [Magic Warfare] and [Wyrm Power] activate!

Karada: All Evil Eyes open!

Majikku: Rune construction start!

The Fire Dragon responds to our resolve by cloaking itself in flames in caution.

It's not doubting us or looking down on us, I know thanks to [Reaction Perception].

So it sees us as a worthy opponent to be taken seriously, we will at least thank you for respect, I suppose.

Me, Karada & Majikku: Now, let's dance!

Karada: 4/4 D-A' G'-A' (E' E')-F'-A' G'-F'-E'-D | D-A' G'-A' (E' E')-F'-A' C-C | D-A' G'-A' (E' E')-F'-A' G'-F'-E'-D ...

The Fire Dragon shoots a [Fire Dragon LV8: Infernoball Breath] while approaching.

A classic tactic of leading with a projectile to force a response while getting ready to unleash the real attack to follow up.

That said, with its [Hit] and [Probability Super-Correction], the fireball took everything we had to dodge.

And the Fire Dragon immediately follows up with a tail sweep.

This time, the fire from its tail grazes us as we dodge, and we take a decent chunk of damage from that alone.

We wouldn't have survived without [Evasion], [Thought Acceleration] and [Foresight].

And Evil Eyes are barely working, the effects are so slow we can't rely on it.

Karada: Still, given enough time, it will take effect, right?