2-O: Jackpot (Taratect 2)

Taratect 2:

One of my minions, the Queen Taratect guarding the System Core in the Great Elroe Labyrinth, has informed me of an unusual mutation with one of its offspring.

It displays unusually high Speed.

It also had the intelligence to run away from threats instead of mindlessly attacking.

It's probably just another bug in the W System.

There was no shortage of those back when the W System was first put into place.

Anyway, it wandered around the Upper Stratum for a time like any other Small Lesser Taratects.

But then it somehow ended up in the Lower Stratum.

There is no way it could have survived down there as a newborn, but it did anyway.

And now it is roaming the Middle Stratum of all places.

No Taratects can go there without taking damage due to our laughably low Resistance to Fire.

I used to be the only one of our kind who could endure the heat there, but not anymore.

Normally, once their offspring is strong enough, the Queen Taratects will assume control with [Kin Control].

But, I instructed the Queen Taratect to keep an eye on it without controlling it, to let it roam free for now until it finds its way out of the Middle Stratum.

It's strong, that is undeniable.

We definitely hit the jackpot with this one, and now I am curious as to what it will do.

Of course, when the time comes, I will take control of it and add it to my ranks.