2-4: Close Call with a Fiery Eel (Spider 36)

Spider 36:

Two catfishes. I have eaten two catfishes so far.

But that's not enough! I want more!

And I refuse to eat anything else!

...

Actually, that's a lie.

I did eat other, much less tasty Monsters on the way here.

I just hate the lack of good food even more now! Nai wa!

On the bright side, I finally have a use for [Taste Enhancement].

...Nai wa!

Give me another catfish!

But nothing is in sight. Nai wa...

By the way, Appraisal-sama's LV9 upgrade includes seeing enemies' Skills.

Which is super helpful, knowing what my opponents are capable of is like cheating!

One thing that surprises me is that Monsters have far less Skills than I expected.

Like, usually less than ten, when I have so many myself now I can't be bothered to count them.

Take the lavahorses, they have only [Fire Dragon], [Swim], [Hit] and [Inferno Nullification].

Despite their lack of Skills, I am super jealous of that [Inferno Nullification]!

If I have that, I can go hunting for catfish in the magma too!

Divine Voice: "Proficiency has reached the required level.

Acquired Skill [Spite LV1]."

Eh? Another one of those strangely named Skills?

Yep, and this one lets me Seal a Skill of an opponent and it is unblockable but slow acting.

Once again, the name doesn't really match the effect.

But at least this one seems super useful.

Imagine disabling [Inferno Nullification] while my enemies are in magma!

I then fought quite a few more Monsters and oh, how wrong I was.

I haven't succeeded in actually disabling a Skill once yet before I kill my prey.

The range is abysmal and it's so slow! And it hasn't levelled up at all! Nai wa...

Actually, now that I think about it.

[Pride] is the final form of [Desire].

Doesn't that mean the other deadly sins are available as Skills as well?

I have [Rest], [Anger], [Crude] and [Spite], which probably correspond with the Deadly Sin Skills [Sloth], [Wrath], [Lust] and [Envy] based on how I got them.

There's also [Overeating] too, which is probably going to become [Gluttony].

I am only missing the lesser Skill for [Greed].

What? Am I on my way to becoming the final boss or something?

Y'know, having all the deadly sins and all?

Though considering how good [Pride] is, part of me is more excited than worried.

But that in itself is worrying, like, am I really that carefree about turning evil?