0-15: Crossing the Threshold (Spy 1 & Spider 15)

Spy 1:

Kenichi Ogiwara, or just Ogi as everyone calls me.

I am not sure how it happened, but I am basically friends with everyone in school except Negishi and Wakaba.

Yes, even the girls, which has generated no shortage of jealousy from other boys, especially from Kusama, heh.

Actually, he is more jealous of the fact that I am friends with everyone than that I have female friends.

And the funny thing is many boys are jealous of him and Tagawa for being able to team up with Wakaba during group projects and other class group activities.

Though in the case of the two loner girls, I did partner up with Wakaba a few times during PE when Negishi wasn't around for a while.

Apparently, I am trustworthy enough to join the girls when they are short on people.

And I usually grouped up with Negishi for group projects alongside Hayashi.

That happened because we three were the leftovers when we first needed to group up for a project.

But in the end, I can't say I am on friendly terms with those two girls.

As everyone else's friend, I am trying to resolve the current conflict in the class.

Well, to be exact, Miss Oka and Kudo asked me to help with the three way nemesis relationship that has developed here.

When Shinohara started bullying Wakaba, she and Natsume became enemies because Natsume has a crush on Wakaba.

And ever since Sasajima stood up for Wakaba when Shinohara's bullying of her was about to escalate, he has made enemies with the two bullies.

Sasajima saving the day made him a rival in Natsume's eyes.

As for Shinohara, she is mad at Wakaba for 'bewitching' her crush and for ignoring her, and now she is mad at Sasajima for being 'bewitched' too.

I don't think Sasajima is interested in Wakaba.

Sasajima is honest, unambitious and somewhat indifferent towards romance.

In Natsume's case, Sasajima rightfully calling him out on talking behind Negishi's back and bullying Kogure into submission made him feel like he was being villainflied in front of Wakaba, which made him even angrier with Sasajima.

All the while, Kusama has set up a pool where people can bet on who's gonna date Wakaba, which only added fuel to the fire as he has wanted.

Some time ago, someone who knew Sasajima in the past shared information about him around.

Turns out, Sasajima used to beat up bullies picking on other students and made an enemy out of many people with his self-righteous attitude and everyone else was afraid of him.

He is constantly mocked for being an immature little ogre or being a simp for Wakaba.

His only real allies now are Yamada and Ooshima.

While I am his friend too, I can't say I have done much to help him.

Not that he really needs it since he is far more mature than his haters.

He's indifferent towards the mockery, never showing any reaction.

Actually, the conflict has mellowed out a lot by now thanks to that.