1-13: Sleep-Deprived & Suicidal Eating (Spider 28)

Spider 28:

Nai wa, I haven't slept at all.

This sucks on ice.

After recovering from my shock over That's attack on my nest.

I have decided to head in the opposite direction of where it went to avoid it.

I have thought about trying to scale the wall again but...

Nope nope nope, my heart can't take it!

It's too scary, I cannot do it even though it's the better option than blindly exploring dangerous territory like I am doing right now.

I have no idea where I am going, but knowing my luck, I will probably end up somewhere more dangerous.

Inner Critic: You are such a coward, Hiiro, a self-destructive one at that. And didn't you swore to live with pride and not run away in fear? So pathetic lol.

Yeah...heh...heh...

I soon learnt where I am thanks to double appraising, the Lower Stratum, which is populated with powerful Monsters.

Scary, and to think there is probably a Bottom Stratum too.

The thought of an area with nothing but Monsters as strong as That is utterly terrifying.

What if I end up going to that place by accident the same way I ended up here?

I am so dead, lmao.

On the bright side, I have managed to avoid all the strong Monsters with [Stealth].

And I have noticed small fries similar to what I used to hunt in the upper floors here as well.

They are stronger here, but not by much, so I think I will manage as far as food goes.

Another thing I notice about the small fries here, including me, is that we're all poisonous.

Which means stronger Monsters might ignore us even if they see us.

Man, I love being toxic!

Imagine this, Poisonous Monster Delinquents, a show where the Lower Stratum's Toxic Gang of the ????? Academy is causing trouble and taking part in gang wars.

Starring yours truly as the leader of these silly edgelords.

Hehe...Nai wa...

I can't believe I am saying this, but I miss school.

I really do, it was such a peaceful life.

It was only stressful because I was obsessed with keeping up appearances.

I should have been more grateful and lived my past life to the fullest.

I should have tried harder to befriend the people in my life.

And stop worrying about silly things like being judged unfairly.

...Actually no, I still don't want to deal with how toxic society is.

Now? I am so lonely...

Wait, hang on. Was that the reason I willingly went to school?

Because I was lonely?

Even though it was stressful, I at least felt like I was part of a community, that I wasn't alone in the world.

Well darn, I just learnt something important about myself.

I guess all those jokes about being lonely aren't as disingenuous as I thought.

I am not actually anti-social, just so bad at it I convinced myself I was to feel better about it.