3-7: At Long Last (Spider 55)

Spider 55:

According to Wisdom-sama's map, we have explored a super large portion of the Middle Stratum, at least compared to the Upper and Lower Stratums.

Well, it's not like there is a percentage gauge showing how much of an area we have left to explore, so we don't know how big this place really is.

One nice thing about the Middle Stratum is that since it is basically one wide long path, exploration is easier compared to the maze-like structure of the Upper and Lower Stratums.

We have actually come across many more shafts connecting the Stratums since the Fire Dragon battle.

Of course, we are not so arrogant as to think we stand a chance against the likes of Mother, so we avoid those shafts like the plague.

That attack Mother used was probably a dragon breath attack from her [Dragon Power].

Mother probably eats Dragons for breakfast, no way we can even touch her.

Still, without any other means of getting to the Upper Stratum, we might eventually have to chance it by taking one of those shafts, or wait for teleportation to be unlocked.

Karada: I don't like the first idea.

Majikku 1: We better save that as the last resort, for when say, teleportation doesn't work.

Majikku 2: Stop saying scary things! I am scared! Nai wa!

Yeah, me too.

...Eh!?

Majikku 2: Eek! Don't jumpscare me like that!

Karada: What is it?

Majikku 1: How bad is it?

Bad? This is great!

I just spotted a long upward slope over there thanks to [Clairvoyance]!

Karada: For real?!

Majikku 2: Gasp! Does that mean...

Majikku 1: Fucking finally! An exit to the Upper Stratum!

We are in the home stretch, girls!

Now we just need to prepare for Humans and find the exit.

Then it will finally be a free, sunny life for us in the outside world!

We dash towards the slope when suddenly, we are hit with a command of sorts?

What!? Go to the Bottom Stratum!?

Karada: Say what now?!

Majikku 2: But why?! I don't wanna go somewhere that scary! Nai wa!

Majikku 1: Wait, who is telling us to go there?

It's Mother! She wants us to join our siblings in the ranks of her personal army!

Majikku 1: After everything we suffered through because of her? Nai wa!

Karada: Agreed, as if we will ever join her willingly.

Majikku 2: But she is super strong! We can't disobey her!

Yeah, but she is too big to fit in many of the tunnels in the Upper Stratum.

As long as we don't wander off carelessly, we should be fine right?

Karada: Ha! We are one of those Japanese who can say no! We reserve the right to refuse your nonsense, Mother!