1-H: Kunihiko's Excitement and Asaka's Distress (Go-getter 2 & Slacker 2)

Go-getter 2:

Y'know what?

I have always felt like something was missing in my disappointingly normal life.

Like, I want to go on a grand, fantasy adventure.

The closest I ever got to that was when I played D&D with Natsume, Hasebe and Sakurazaki.

We were sometimes joined by other people, but we were the main characters of our campaign.

Still, it was only fiction, it wasn't real.

But now?

I am currently a baby, resting in my new mother's embrace.

It's real, this is really happening.

I have been isekai'd, like, the thing I secretly wished for.

Proof? I saw Fire Magic used to light a stove with my very own eyes.

Part of me is super excited, but at the same time, I was super depressed that I would never see Asaka and my friends again.

I was part of two friend groups in high school.

One was with Asaka, Wakaba and Kusama.

Asaka was my childhood friend and my crush, though we didn't interact much until we started hanging out at the arcade with the other two.

And we often played against each other in fighting games after learning the basics from Wakaba, with me preferring rushdown while Asaka preferred zoning.

But we still had a bit of a distance between us, never really chatting all that much.

Wakaba and Kusama on the other hand were always insulting and teasing the other respectively, especially when it came to their own crushes.

They were both losers, there is no other way to say it.

Wakaba pretended to be all cool and strong when really, she was just a nervous wreck.

Kusama acted all 'funny' and 'helpful', but no one could take him seriously.

Though I can't say I don't feel the same way about myself.

I seemed all brave, outgoing and honest, but I couldn't even make a move on Asaka.

Heh, that's probably why I felt a sense of kinship with those two losers.

Wakaba had Sasajima, Kusama had Kudo, and both couldn't take the next step like me with Asaka.

The other group was with Natsume, Sakurazaki and Hasebe.

We played D&D a lot together, and we were close friends.

But unlike with Wakaba and Kusama, I didn't feel a sense of kinship with them, probably because they weren't really losers.

Hasebe was a confident tomboy, she was pretty cool actually.

Sakurazaki was kind of a lame nerd, but he was not insecure about it in the slightest, which is also pretty cool.

Natsume had a doomed crush on Wakaba, and in general, was a trouble-making idiot.

Me, Sakurazaki and Hasebe had to reel him in all the time.

In D&D sessions, he was always trying to steal the spotlight, often causing many of the problems we would have to overcome.

It was fun, but I can't say I wasn't annoyed by him.

He was getting worse over time too, so he was the only one I had mixed feelings on.

Even so, I miss him as much as the others and I really miss Asaka.

Well, that's until I met the other baby in the room with me, cared for by another mother.

I don't know why but...

That's Asaka, it has to be!

That's what my gut feelings are telling me!

This has to be fate!

Fate telling me to be with her!

I need to confirm this as soon as possible!

Slacker 2:

This can't be happening!

I am a baby again!?

This doesn't make any sense!

Who am I?!

Am I still Asaka Kushitani?!

Or just someone with her memories?!

I know this isn't Japan, not even Earth!

I mean, I just saw real Magic earlier today!

My mother used Magic to light the stove!

A baby isn't supposed to have this much memory or mental capacity?!

What about my friends and family?!

Are they real?!

I mean, this other baby with me from another family...

That's Kunihiko, I just know it!

I am glad I am not alone, but that means my memories of Japan, of everyone else, are real.

Which means I lost them all.

I didn't have many friends, because I was too lazy to try to make friends.

Wakaba and Kusama, those two were like siblings, always dissing each other.

Their antics were fun to watch.

More importantly, hanging out with them gave me the chance to spend time with Kunihiko.

I would 'run into' him on the way to the arcade so we could walk there together.

And since we came from the same neighbourhood, we got to walk home together too.

Then there were Kudo and Ogi.

I was supporting Kudo's dream to become the student council president alongside Ogi, Wakaba and Kusama.

I was lazy, and didn't really think about my future at all, so when Kudo told me helping her would help me with finding a job in the future, I joined her quest.

I left the hard work of deciding my future to someone else, same with hoping Kunihiko would confess to me, all because I couldn't be bothered to start a relationship myself.

I am grateful to Kudo for her help, not unlike how I am grateful to my parents for taking care of me and my future.

As for Ogi, well, he was a friend, there really isn't much to say about him.

And now, I can never go back, and I won't see them again.

...

But at least Kunihiko is with me.

Or is that just wishful thinking?

I need to confirm this as soon as possible!

Which means I need to get my vocal cord working asap!

But how am I supposed to practise without it being weird for a baby to try talking so soon?

Babies don't usually start trying to speak until at least a year old or something right?

I guess I have to wait a while to start.

But for now, I can cry to get my voice cord working.

Though that would probably annoy my new parents.

What should I do?!