1-E: Sachi Kudo's Freedom (Leader 2)

Leader 2:

I was the class representative and also gunning for the position of student council president.

Everyone was under the impression that it was my own ambition driving me to be such a high achiever.

But the truth is, that was what was expected of me by my upper class family of successful people who earned a lot.

My parents were strict, always telling me to do well or I wouldn't have a good life.

It's not like they would hit me or anything when I failed a test or something, but still, the silent disappointment on their faces really...frightened me.

Doesn't help that I was pretty competing with my brother in terms of how well we were doing.

I felt like I didn't belong if I didn't meet their expectations, so I went out of my way to excel as much as possible at school.

I showed strong initiative and soon became the class representative.

My grades were pretty good as well thanks to me studying hard.

With all that said, I can't say I was happy with that lifestyle, especially now that I have been reborn.

I privately enjoyed anime, manga and such, away from the eyes of my family.

I was at my happiest when I got to share my interests with Okazami Kanami, Yuika Hasebe and Hiiro Wakaba.

Interests that I kept a secret from my old parents, though I guess I kept the fact I am a fujoshi hidden from everyone as well.

There is just something so appealing about love between boys, I just can't quite put a finger on what it is exactly.

But anyway, Okazami Kanami was an attentive, caring and hard-working person.

I have a lot of respect for her and am grateful to her for holding those otaku meetings.

Yuika Hasebe was bold, honest and friendly.

She really helped me feel more comfortable with my interests.

Then there was Hiiro Wakaba, she was a fellow perfectionist, closet weirdo and pretentious no-nonsenser like me.

I would dare to say that she was my best friend, as she was the one I relate to the most as fellow perfectionists in terms of grades.

Besides them, there were also Asaka Kushitani, Kenichi Ogiwara and Shinobu Kusama.

They were my recruits alongside Hiiro Wakaba in my quest to become the student council president, and who I would like to have working with me afterwards.

To be honest, I don't really consider Asaka Kushitani and Kenichi Ogiwara to be my friends.

Those two were more like co-workers to me, unlike what my other classmates believed.

Shinobu Kusama though, he was a weird one to pin down.

On one hand, I felt bad about taking advantage of his eagerness to help.

On the other hand, I was happy that he was always there to help and try to cheer me up with his antics, even if I outwardly gave him the cold shoulder to keep up appearances.

But as I have mentioned before, I have been reborn.

To be more specific, I think I have been isekai'd.

I am a baby in a mediaeval town, living with admittedly poor parents.

I don't understand the language here either, but I am not really all that worried.

My new parents are nice to me, their gentle smiles are like that of angels, at least compared to my old parents, who didn't seem to care about me in the slightest.

I know I lost everyone in my past life.

But what I am feeling the most right now is the sense of liberation from my old life's unreasonable expectations.

Between what I have learnt in my past life and the realisation I made in this life.

This is like the second chance to live the life I want instead of caving to my parents', others' and my own expectations.

Still, should I really be this happy about this?

I did lose everyone and everything from my past life.

I was definitely sad for a bit before realising my new lease on life.

The fact that I am able to let go of everyone so quickly kind of disturbs me.

Though I guess I have always been a bit apathetic about my past life deep down.

Guess I have more in common with Hiiro Wakaba than I thought.