3-L: The Truth of this World (Taboo)

Taboo:

Long ago, mankind lived and progressed under the protection of their goddess Sariel, a Lost Angel.

It was thanks to her that the True Dragons who came to this planet to colonise it couldn't rule over it.

Instead, they lived alongside mankind.

Although things were peaceful, an energy crisis befallen mankind.

Their over reliance on fossil fuel left their renewable technology lacking.

So when the time came that fossil fuel started running out, mankind was desperate for a solution.

That was when they discovered MA Energy, a seemingly infinite source of free energy.

Not only that, the discovery of MA Energy led to new , magical technology as well.

Most notably, a method of evolution that allowed one to triple their lifespan at the cost of a third of the birthrate.

Those evolved Humans are the ancestors of the Demons you can find today.

However, there exists no such thing as free energy, and the Gods knew this.

In fact, MA Energy is the lifeforce of the planet, and the Gods use excess MA Energy generated by planets with life to sustain themselves.

Sariel and the Dragons warn mankind over and over again to stop overusing MA Energy lest they kill the planet, dooming themselves.

Did mankind listen to the wisdom of their Gods? No, they didn't.

They only wanted to believe what is convenient for them, and what they believe is the benefits of MA Energy.

So they overused it to the point the planet was at risk of dying, the biggest offenders being the rich who have wasted so much MA Energy just so they can live their pathetic lives a bit longer, very much earning their position as Demons.

That was when the Dragons had enough and decided to conquer mankind in an attempt to get a handle on the situation.

But Sariel, mankind's protector, successively stopped them in fierce combat.

In the end, the Dragons left, taking a large chunk of MA Energy with them as they searched for a new home, leaving mankind to die with their planet.

Extreme weather started occurring as a result, the world was ending.

With their planet on the verge of death, mankind decided to betray their goddess once again, who had shown nothing but kindness towards them, and sacrificed her to restore the planet.

But things didn't go the way they expected.

D, the Final God, interfered on behalf of the only Dragon to have not abandoned ship, Guliedistodiez.

D created the W System to harvest Soul Energy from the inhabitants of this world to restore it while using Sariel to keep the planet on life support.

Below is Guliedistodiez's speech to the world for when the System was first set up.

Guliedistodiez: "Humans, can you hear me? My name is Guliedstodiez.

As some of you might have noticed, as of this very moment, the world has changed.

From now on, this planet will be managed by the new W System, and I will be an Administrator of that system.

As you all know, this planet is at the end of its life due to the foolish behaviour of Humans.

You are attempting to sacrifice Sariel to restore the planet to life.

In other words, the plan is to resolve the problem you yourselves caused by sacrificing someone else who is innocent.

Do you not think that Humans should be the ones to atone for their own crimes?

So we have decided to give you Humans a chance to do so.

The W System that will overrule this planet is a means to that end.

We will have you Humans fight, by doing so you can now increase the amount of Soul Energy within your Souls.

You will become machines for fighting, winning and gaining energy.

And when you die, we will recover the energy you have earned and assign that energy to heal the planet.

However, that alone would end once you have died.

So as long as you are within this System, we have made it so that you will be reborn here on this planet.

After you die, you will eventually live again, and you will fight and accumulate energy once more.

Fight, die, be reborn, fight and die again.

Right now, this planet is being kept from destruction by Sariel's power.

You attempted to sacrifice Sariel, but now you must save her.

You yourselves will carry out the role you attempted to force upon her.

Simple, is it not?

This is your punishment for your sin, Humans.

Atone, atone, atone, atone, atone, atone, atone, atone, atone, atone.

Fight, fight, fight ,fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, and then die."