1-6: Nothing but Weakness (Spider 21)

Spider 21:

I have started grinding in Monster battles to get some real combat experience.

And the only conclusion I have reached so far is that...

I am weak! Nai wa!

No seriously, I have nothing but weaknesses that I have to work around to even stand a chance in actual combat!

Poor attack power and range, fragile defence and speed that's just barely enough to be useful!

My first real battle, and no I don't count the one with that other spider since that was barely a fight at all, is against an ????? Frog.

Y'know, those stupid frogs that keep barfing poison at me?

Unsurprisingly, it turns out they are a lot harder to deal with when they aren't restrained by webs.

They kept jumping all over the place, dodging my attacks while attacking me from afar.

That's not fair! I don't have any ranged attacks of my own to fight back with! Nai wa!

I had to resort to luring it into a trap, I attacked it at a specific angle to have it jump into a web I laid on the ground.

But that stupid thing counterattacked me with its tongue while in midair!

Like, they never did that before, so how was I supposed to see it coming?! Nai wa!

Thank god it wasn't a tether grab, it just left a dent on my body and the shock broke some of my legs, which was still pretty bad.

But imagine getting dragged into that thing's mouth, I could have been devoured whole right then and there.

It would be one thing to be chewed to death, but the thought of being swallowed whole and melting from stomach acid is just so horrifying.

I get goosebumps just thinking about it. Nai wa...

Wait, no, I am not supposed to think like that!

If I do get swallowed whole, I will just tear them apart from the inside!

I won't go down that easily! Nai wa!

Inner Critic: How very convincing, Hiiro.

No one ducking asked for your opinion, Inner Critic!

So anyway, I barely won my first battle, I was in so much pain I was tempted to just give up right then and there and make a second home to settle down in.

But no, I will never become better if I do that! Nai wa!

Thus, I made a compromise, I created a temporary home to eat my prey and sleep safely.

And I wasn't kidding about the pain, I felt like I was on the verge of death.

Just moving hurt, but at least I got [Pain Resistance] from it.

It got easier to move around, though it didn't actually help lessen the pain I feel.

Man, what a ripoff, I expected better.

I slept after eating the frog, or maybe I should say that I fainted as soon as I relaxed a little.

Waking up was a pain, literally, since I didn't heal at all from resting so I was in a lot of pain.

Makes me wonder what [Rest] even does if it doesn't help with healing.

It's not some super powerful gag attack like that of a certain pink balloon in that series that pioneered the platform fighter genre, is it?