3-M: Old Warriors (Wizard 1)

Wizard 1:

It happened out of the blue.

The previous Sword King, Leigar, just disappeared, leaving his son, Largis, in my care until he grew up and now I am an adviser to him.

I remember when me and Leigar fought side by side with the Sword Saint, Nyudos, and the Saviour from the Shadow, Tiva, against the Demons.

But that was a long time ago, and now his grandson, Hugo, will be born soon.

We still have no idea where he went, and the [Sword God] Title has yet to be reappointed to someone.

Or maybe it has, and we haven't found that person yet.

Technically, only the person with the [Sword God] Title has the right to rule the Renxandt Empire as the Sword King as per the entire history of the empire.

But now that the Title is gone, the political situation in the empire has gone downhill.

With many people gunning for the throne via reform, but each in their own, selfish ways.

It doesn't help that corruption has always been a huge problem in the empire and many of the muscle headed types find Largis to be lacking and unfit to rule.

And now that the Demons have stopped attacking, people have lost the incentive to actually work together to survive the threat the Demons pose.

I remember the days I used Magic desperately to put out fires, to save lives.

Nowadays, things are so peaceful I feel as though my skills are wasting away.

I, Ronandt, do hold the record of being the youngest human to become a Chief Court Mage in history.

Now that the Demons are supposedly on the move again, I worry that the youngsters, who haven't actually fought Demons like we veterans have, who are wasting their time fighting each other with dirty tricks, will fail to defend humanity.

But alas, me, Nyudos and Tiva are still here to defend humanity.

We may not have the [Sword God] with us, but surely, we can't fail until the rest of us old warriors are gone too.

Oh?

It seems that a Monster of terrifying strength has appeared in the Great Elroe Labyrinth.

I am to accompany a group of elite knights to deal with it.

Ugh, a trip through that stupid labyrinth to deal with some random Monster.

I am above this sort of chore and busywork.