0-7: Boiling Point (Wyrm 1 & Spider 7)

Wyrm 1:

Aiko: "You got this, Merei."

Kumiko: "Yeah, definitely."

Aiko and Kumiko, my two besties, encouraged me as I steel my resolve to confess to my crush, an upperclassman.

It was back in the holiday just before starting high school.

The three of us went to the beach to play.

I was the only one of us three who couldn't swim, so embarrassing as it was, I needed Aiko and Kumiko to help me swim so I could play in the water as well.

It was a lot of fun, until we got hit by a huge wave and I got swept away.

I was flailing like a madman, trying not to drown, with Aiko and Kumiko desperately trying to reach me before I could actually drown.

I really thought I was gonna die, until I was saved by someone.

It was the lifeguard on duty, a surprising young man, probably a student working a part time job there.

I was scolded by him for playing in the water when I couldn't actually swim on my own and we went our separate ways.

Still, I was thankful for the save, and part of me didn't mind the scolding, because there was genuine concern for my well being behind it.

Then by a stroke of dumb luck, we met again in high school.

His name is Hakuja, and we hit it off.

Turns out he is interested in swimming while I was interested in volleyball.

We got along as fellow sporty types.

And I like him, I want him by my side for life.

"Hakuja, I...I love you."

Hakuja: "...I'm sorry, but I like Wakaba."

He then left in a hurry while Aiko and Kumiko rushed over to comfort me.

Many will say that I, Merei Shinohara, am a confident, brave go-getter.

But even I had to muster up so much courage just to confess.

And this is what I get!?

Are you freaking kidding me?!

And Wakaba?!

Oh, of course it's Wakaba, everyone worships her as the beauty queen of the school!

That bitch gets all the attention without putting in any effort to be liked at all!

In fact, she is down right rude to everyone with how she ignores them!

And she is literally a Mary Sue with her perfect grades!

When school ends, I catch her as she is leaving.

I grab her shoulder and turn her around to face me.

"Why do you get all the attention when you don't even have a personality?!"

I complained to Wakaba.

But she just stares at me blankly with those cold smug eyes of hers.

Excuse me?!

Am I not even worth your attention?!

As I stand there in steaming rage, Wakaba just turns away and leaves.

The audacity to act so superior when she hasn't earned it at all!

She is not gonna get away with this!

Spider 7:

Ah, the bell just rang.

Another week of school is finished, time to meet up with the otakus for our otaku meeting.

Then off to the arcade over the weekends to give Clown his beatdown / training, and if I'm lucky, the C.C will be there too.

And whenever I get home I will hang out with the Good Boy Trio online, while browsing memes on my phone, watching Wetube on the second computer screen and whatever is on that nature-related TV channel.

Just as I am leaving, someone grabs my shoulder and turns me around to face them.

That really scared me but I managed to bite back my girly yelp.

???: "Why do you get all the attention when you don't even have a personality?!"

Eh? The girl complaining is the 'leader' of the girls, Ringleader as I like to call her.

What do you mean 'attention'? I am trying my darndest to avoid it!

And no personality? Disturbing as it is, I actually have one, thank you very much!

...I'm just too scared to show it. Nai wa.

And I'm very scared right now.

I mean, why are you mad at me all of the sudden?

And now you're just staring at me in silence while slowly getting angrier?

You're freaking me out! Stop it!

Inner Critic: Yeah, you better leave before things escalate, Hiiro.

I turn away and leave as tactfully as I can.

Hopefully this is just a one time thing.

All well that ends well, hopefully, please?

It wasn't. Crying emoji.