1-G: Kengo Natsume's Delusion (Emperor 2)

Emperor 2:

What a weird dream.

Seriously, I am a baby again?

At least I seem to be the son of royalty.

Still, since I am aware that I am dreaming, shouldn't I be able to control it?

Guess not, yeesh, this has to be the most realistic dream I have ever had.

I mean, I am starting off as a baby, and time passes normally here.

I will probably have to wait till I grow up to be able to do anything fun with this dream world.

It's pretty boring so far, not gonna lie.

But man, I can't wait to tell my friends all about this.

Oh! Maybe this can be the inspiration for a new campaign for D&D!

Issei, my best friend I have known since we're little kids, likes to host D&D sessions and Kunihiko and Yuika always attend those with me.

It was through those sessions that we became friends.

Issei is kind of a nerd, a lame one at that.

But he is smart and helpful, and thanks to him, I manage to do well grade-wise at school even after I stopped asking Wakaba to help me.

Kunihiko is like a friendly rival, we always compete to be the main hero of the D&D sessions.

Yuika on the other hand, is the only female friend I have, and is more like a sister to our brotherhood.

Speaking of brotherhood, Naofumi used to be another of my close friends as well.

But ever since Sasajima scolded me for using Rihoko's nickname, he has been distancing himself away from me.

Hmph, and after all the trouble I went through to help him fit in despite him being a crybaby.

At the same time, my homies have been telling me off for acting dumb a lot more since then.

It's annoying, but I know they want what is best for me.

I just wish they wouldn't make me look like a villain in front of everyone, especially Wakaba.

Wakaba is pretty, it was love at first sight for me.

But her aura of superiority makes it hard to approach her, and she definitely wouldn't want to be with me if I appear pathetic.

An example would be appearing desperate by letting her know I am into her, so only my homies know about my crush on her.

Getting someone as aloof as Wakaba to fall for me and be the one to confess is very difficult to begin with.

To the point where my homies told me to give it up.

But no, like I am gonna give up so easily.

Still, things have gotten more difficult overtime.

When Shinohara first started bullying Wakaba out of jealousy, I saw an opportunity to earn some respect by mocking Shinohara in front of Wakaba.

Then Sasajima stood up for Wakaba and Kusama set up a pool where people can bet on who Wakaba is gonna end up with.

I obviously didn't join in on that to avoid letting on to the fact that I am crushing on Wakaba.

Sasajima saving Wakaba definitely put me lower in the rankings, so I did some digging by asking around school and learnt about Sasajima's past.